Bale, and simulation

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The true Guilty Party............
grevys_zebra_1.jpg
Ok, now I know you're high

It's an American thing.
The NFL/NHL make their refs dress like Juventus. Dunno why. Big Italian population?

It's just to make them stand out on the field of play. American sports teams don't wear vertical stripes on their shirts, so it makes the ref very easy to spot.

On a side note, the NFL refs no longer wear even spaced stripes. They couldn't trademark those, so they went to slightly shaped ones so they could charge video game companies licensing fees to duplicate them in games (yes, American sports are WAY ahead of Europe in terms of figuring out how to make every last penny possible - with the strange exception of sponsors on uniforms, which American fans find repulsive for some odd reason). You can see what I mean here:

official.jpg

If he doesn't go down and his been fouled, the contact could put him off balance which hampers him. If he doesn't go down, he is at a disadvantage due to being off balance and the defender who fouled him has gained an advantage

Why the fuck hasn't his card from Saturday been rescinded? I thought refs were allowed to review video evidence and change a card, thats deffo what happened with Thudd's red card earlier this season.

Why the fuck hasn't his card from Saturday been rescinded? I thought refs were allowed to review video evidence and change a card, thats deffo what happened with Thudd's red card earlier this season.
clubs and players are allowed to appeal red cards, you cannot however appeal a yellow card

It's just to make them stand out on the field of play. American sports teams don't wear vertical stripes on their shirts, so it makes the ref very easy to spot.

On a side note, the NFL refs no longer wear even spaced stripes. They couldn't trademark those, so they went to slightly shaped ones so they could charge video game companies licensing fees to duplicate them in games (yes, American sports are WAY ahead of Europe in terms of figuring out how to make every last penny possible - with the strange exception of sponsors on uniforms, which American fans find repulsive for some odd reason). You can see what I mean here:

official.jpg
He's hench! I didn't realise about the stripes (with regards to spacing), that's some serious money-spinning there.

Ah, Splash.., thought we were gonna be treated to a Saturday evening of classic Darryl Hannah.,. It seems I have to 'put it away' now 'cos Tom Daley's on instead! Who knew?? #embarrassing misunderstanding!

To Copacabana:

His name is Gareth, Gareth Bale
He had his ears pinned to his brain
Now he's faster than Usain
His name is Gareth, Gareth Baaaaale
I'll bet you a fiver that he's no fucking diver
Yes he's Gareth, Gareth Bale

Back
Top Bottom