Bale

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He is also the only player from the Premier League in the 2011 team - 5 from Barca, 3 from Real Madrid, 1 from Milan, 1 from Bayern Munich.

I love it and we now get to see all the hating from our top 4 rivals about how Bale is overated and how "Van Rapist, Aguero, Suarez, Rooney, Nani deserve it more" :excited:

Gooners, chavs and manc's hate Bale and say he only played well against Inter and he's overated blah blah blah.... He deserved it and plus he was only up against ashley young, hazard and di maria at left midfield. And only two of them played CL football, so of course he was going to beat them to team of the year! Just hope he stays for while as were building a great squad. :bale:

This is what Gareth had to say about it. "I’m part of a team at Spurs and any recognition I receive is down to my team-mates as much as anything that I do individually.

sounds great but have you noticed that Damien Duff got in the UEFA team of the year back in 2002 and unless there is another Damien Duff - that must mean the translucent skined one footed head down running like a headless chicken fecker..... think Andy Reid was on the bench back in 2004

Sean said:
This is what Gareth had to say about it. "I’m part of a team at Spurs and any recognition I receive is down to my team-mates as much as anything that I do individually.

That's because he's a sensible, likeable, feet on ground kid. We struck gold there.

I've met Bale at work last year and him and his Missus are diamonds. Wales is a small place and what I really like is everyone I've met of all ages that know him have all said what a cracking lad he is.

Sean said:
:bow: So humble. What a man.

Interesting article about Bale in the Telegraph.

Key quotes, if you don't want to give the Torygraph the page view:

Bale felt he had evolved far enough as a winger and wanted to stretch his talents. “I need to improve myself as a player and I spoke to the coaches at Tottenham about it,” he says. “Being stuck outside is not good all the time. You need to mix your game up and give the opposition things to think about. It’s one of those things I wanted to do and I’m starting to do it.”
He takes up the story: “It got to the stage last year when I was standing out on the wing, playing well, with a lot of freedom, hurting teams and being targeted by defences. So it was a case of some teams putting two players on me, staying really tight and trying to mark me out of the game, which is quite easy to do when you’re stood right out there with not much room.

“So I’ve had to adapt my game. The full-back can’t follow you inside and strikers occupy the centre-backs, so it gives you that bit of space. It’s not easy. It’s a lot tighter in the middle but if you get into lots of pockets and you’re able to turn and run at defenders it’s just as good as being out on the wing. To be a better a player I needed to mix my game up anyway, whether I was being marked or not.”
So when shouting and yelling [at Harry] about Bale’s moving in, apparently it is his own idea. I like it, and I am interested in seeing it develop.

What a shame his immaculate goal didn't count for shit after all today... whereas Lescott's bundled buffoon effort helped count towards their win...

has football REALLY become that unfair these days?? Once upon a time a goal like Bale's would've WON the game, let alone merely carry the reward of a draw... then again, head-stamping helps win you games these days, so what the fuck do I know?

Bale is having a superb season.

He does tend to drift out of games sometimes, but it is almost like he is trying to work out where he can do the damage, then just waits for his chance.

1882 said:
What a shame his immaculate goal didn't count for shit after all today... whereas Lescott's bundled buffoon effort helped count towards their win...

has football REALLY become that unfair these days?? Once upon a time a goal like Bale's would've WON the game, let alone merely carry the reward of a draw... then again, head-stamping helps win you games these days, so what the fuck do I know?

once upon a time two footed metal studs up challenges helped you win the game and were called good defending lol

Back
Top Bottom