Balotelli

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Blanchflower said:
no I'm deadly serious - history is littered with great but flawed players that just needed the right direction........would you turn down Best or Maradona because of questionable temperament

Two things:

1)

Is Balotelli 'great'? Honestly, he hasn't shown me anything to indicate he is anywhere near the level of Best, Maradona, Gazza, or even that prick Wayne Rooney. He is good, but not great. That's the key.

2)

The Mourinho factor. If José couldn't do it, no-one can (definitely not 'Appless 'Arry)

Ksaw92 said:
Blanchflower said:
no I'm deadly serious - history is littered with great but flawed players that just needed the right direction........would you turn down Best or Maradona because of questionable temperament

Two things:

1)

Is Balotelli 'great'? Honestly, he hasn't shown me anything to indicate he is anywhere near the level of Best, Maradona, Gazza, or even that prick Wayne Rooney. He is good, but not great. That's the key.

2)

The Mourinho factor. If José couldn't do it, no-one can (definitely not 'Appless 'Arry)
I can see Ol' rednose fixing it if he bothered and applied himself, but other than him, no not a soul

I think Mankini has nailed it on the head when he said he feels sorry for him that he is throwing his talent away, and that he has seen it before with players who have lots of ability but manage to fuck it all up

Ksaw92 said:
Two things:

1)

2)

1) He'd be our best striker by a long distance

2) Who says Mourinho is a great man manager?.......He isn't he always goes down the easiest route in everything he does - managing Balotelli isn't easy

Blanchflower said:
1) He'd be our best striker by a long distance

2) Who says Mourinho is a great man manager?.......He isn't he always goes down the easiest route in everything he does - managing Balotelli isn't easy

Yeah, but we have absolutely dreadful strikers! Would much prefer Huntelaar, Llorente, G. Rossi, even Ba.

Balotelli would be very expensive, both in monetary terms & in terms of baggage.

Why bother?

Blanchflower said:
Ksaw92 said:
Balotelli would be very expensive,

He won't be - Mancini has said he's played his last game for the club and will be sold

the fee will be less than they'll want for Adebayor

Not in terms of transfer fee, but in terms of wages.

Balotelli is a greedy prick. He's on £120k already and would not settle for anything less (would probably want more).

EDIT: Not saying Ade wouldn't want just as much, but then I don't think he is the answer either

From everything i've seen of him he is really really good....at taking penalties.
Can't really hold a ball up, he is on the better part of £150,000 a week, 'bigger than the club' is his middle name.
My overriding feeling though is that he is just an utter cunt, the embodiment of LADculture, and in a similar way to Suarez, regardless of talent wouldn't want that shambles of a man at Spurs.

My feeling is that Mario Balotelli is desperately in need of therapy. I don't know that he is a terrible human being. Various stories paint him as a sensitive, compassionate, well-intentioned scamp. He is very immature, however, and seems to be somewhat of a sociopath.

As a footballer, he is the embodiment of a me-first mercenary primadonna who cares more for "getting mine" than the well being of the club. On top of that, he is a dangerous player and has repeatedly lashed out violently and/or recklessly.

Not the kind of player we need at Spurs. He is the antithesis of what we should aspire to be. Only an incredibly foolish chairman would make the decision to take on Mario. Still, clinically speaking, I'd like to meet the kid. He is intriguing. I don't want him anywhere near my football team, though.

WilsonJet said:
My feeling is that Mario Balotelli is desperately in need of therapy. I don't know that he is a terrible human being. Various stories paint him as a sensitive, compassionate, well-intentioned scamp. He is very immature, however, and seems to be somewhat of a sociopath.

Was talking about this with some mates the other day, was saying he really needs help somewhere as there is a real danger he's really going to do someone some real damage. Can really see him doing something shocking soon.

If it was just moodiness, Harry might just be able to manage him. But I think he's a fucking basket case who'll soon end up breaking someone else's leg or head butting someone.

Back
Top Bottom