Barcelona fire sale

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

None of them. I'd rather we properly scout and sign hungry ambitious players. Looking at the potential players Barca want rid of I'm not overly impressed with any of them

NONE of their reject player would come here without CL btw

Not unless we offer silly wages which we won't and never will

Get ready for more dodgy Mendes loans for Gedsons and similar shit-cunts

Pjanic and Umtiti are past it.

Coutinho is not worth the £25M & high wages.

Apart from Emerson I’m not interested.
Braithwaite is mediocre. Alba is too old and we don’t need a LB anyway.
Dembele is a cunt and also too injury prone and also French. Avoid.

Pjanic and/or Coutinho loans would be fun.
I bet you could jump on ANY other club fans' forum, and read the same about any of OUR players they were speculating about buying!
Sissiko / Lamela / Aurier / Dier/ Doherty / Hart / Sanchez.... I bet plenty of fans of mid/lower table PL clubs have dismissed them for their Summer tranafer wish list too!!

Apart from the obvious Top 5 or 6 Global superstar world class players... the rest are ALL pretty interchangeable at this level!!

Coutinho will be in the PL somewhere next year.

Paratici knows Pjanic very well, I trust him to make the right choice there. He might be finished, but that’s what AC Milan thought of Pirlo too and Paratici knew better.

What concerns me with Pjanic is the EPL. Its one thing playing in Serie A, a little more intense La liga, but the EPL is a whole different level physically. He's 31, looks like he might be on the slide, Im not sure thats the move he should make.

As a player, I get it, but as a player, at this stage? Im not so sure.

Id be very happy witha loan, win-win really. Barca drop his wages and we are essentially risk free.

As to Coutinho, Ive never really understood the clamour of many to have him back (I realise you didnt say that directly). Good player, but we just dont need him. Someone right sided would be better - talk of Mahrez earlier RE City wanting Kane? Total sense. Coutinho? Nope.

If he plays in the attack he treads on Sonnys toes, and if he plays AM he treads on NDombele/LoCelsos.

He's a good player, but over rated IMO and simply not what we need

I wouldn’t take any of their dregs. They are all washed up and would be coming here to put their slippers on. We need hungry players not bigheads who have been gorging on an absurdly inflated salary for years.

I wouldn’t take any of their dregs. They are all washed up and would be coming here to put their slippers on. We need hungry players not bigheads who have been gorging on an absurdly inflated salary for years.

I doubt we will. Starting to think the Pjanic links are just nonsense to get us interested. Seems like the player wants to go back to Juve anyway. His transfer there was interesting though. By interesting I mean strange…check this Twitter thread out.

I doubt we will. Starting to think the Pjanic links are just nonsense to get us interested. Seems like the player wants to go back to Juve anyway. His transfer there was interesting though. By interesting I mean strange…check this Twitter thread out.

With Paratici on board we are going to be linked to endless Juve players, ex Juve players, and Juve targets. Its just the nature of things.

I bet you could jump on ANY other club fans' forum, and read the same about any of OUR players they were speculating about buying!
Sissiko / Lamela / Aurier / Dier/ Doherty / Hart / Sanchez.... I bet plenty of fans of mid/lower table PL clubs have dismissed them for their Summer tranafer wish list too!!

Apart from the obvious Top 5 or 6 Global superstar world class players... the rest are ALL pretty interchangeable at this level!!
And they would be correct in dismissing them because they are consistently shit and have been under Poch, the cunt and Mason

none of that lot are worth their salary, even on a free

If clubs had any sense they’d go in seriously for players that might actually improve their team somewhat as opposed to the old cast offs.

Players like Dest, Lenglet, Dembele could all probably be persuaded to be let go for a reasonable fee. They really are fucked so I would wager everyone bar De Jong and Messi (if they can stump up the cash to re sign him) will be up for grabs.

Nearly every Barca player is on a salary we simply won't pay - it's the massive wages bill that has Barca (and others) trying to dump players ... without a Barca subsidy or the players taking a pay cut nobody including us will be very interested - second hand gas guzzling Porsche at a new car price - would you?

Here we go again.

It is less about the salary although you are of course right but the desire of not just these players but any we are looking at.

Dough brains talking about Coutinho, a player who has disappeared without trace, partly because the hunger has gone.

One thing amongst quite a few things in truth is the hunger of these England players in this tournament.

From Walker, who really is astounding through to Foden, they look hungry. Bizarrely the one player who I am unconvinced about to an extent is Grealish, but I think that is more his style of play than anything else.

We need to somehow find a mix of quality and fire. In other words the Allis, Bales and Kanes. And no it won't be easy one little bit..

Emerson. Maybe Dembele to play RW, but he makes like 230kpw and obviously has injury problems. Son - Kane - Dembele front three would be lethal.
Braithwaite is mediocre. Alba is too old and we don’t need a LB anyway.
I would be interested in Dembele if we could get him for ~£30M (contract expires 2022). He was on good form for them last season, scoring some crucial goals.
Issue is his injury record, as shown by the fact he got injured before Euros again.

I think they may let Emerson go as they already have Dest who is first choice RB, while Roberto can play there.

For fucks sake, are you guys out of your mind?
That crook cost Barca 135 million, has stayed there for 4 full seasons, played 6800 minutes - this is less than 19 full games per season... and most likely has cashed in something like 40 mil in wages.

Essentially 175 mil flop who has not given anything back.

Signing such a player would be as smart as just cancelling Kane contract with 0 compensation.

Literally signings of Carroll and Torres were insightful bargains compared to that. And now that I'm thinking about it, Dembele from Dormund-> Barca might be most awful transfer of football history, considering the money lost.

Only way I'd take him if he would come free and salary of 50-70k per week for 2 or 3 years of contract.

For fucks sake, are you guys out of your mind?
That crook cost Barca 135 million, has stayed there for 4 full seasons, played 6800 minutes - this is less than 19 full games per season... and most likely has cashed in something like 40 mil in wages.

Essentially 175 mil flop who has not given anything back.

Signing such a player would be as smart as just cancelling Kane contract with 0 compensation.

Literally signings of Carroll and Torres were insightful bargains compared to that. And now that I'm thinking about it, Dembele from Dormund-> Barca might be most awful transfer of football history, considering the money lost.

Only way I'd take him if he would come free and salary of 50-70k per week for 2 or 3 years of contract.
I literally said in the post you quoted that the issue is his injury record.
I agree Barcelona’s fee and wages were a colossal misuse of funds.
If we can get him for a small fee and lower wages, it may be a risk worth taking. But it certainly wouldn’t be my first option at RW.

And they would be correct in dismissing them because they are consistently shit and have been under Poch, the cunt and Mason

none of that lot are worth their salary, even on a free
Ahhh, but one man's trash is another man's treasure!

There are at least half a dozen PL clubs who the likes of Sissoko, Winks, Aurier, Sanchez, Dier etc could improve.... but there will always be fans who don't rate them.... whoever they suppprt.

We're discussing Barca's cast offs.... SOME of their players could improve us... some might be the same as we've already got.... but that's showbiz! ....and why there will always be multiple threads, pages and mixed opinions on the subject!

Back
Top Bottom