Barcelona v Tottenham Hotspur | Estadi Olímpic Lluís Companys | Tuesday 8th August | KO: 19:00

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Billy Bob mate

Supporter
The final stop on the road to the Brentford.

I can't be bothered to put a lineup in. I only wanted to start the thread to try and do these dividing line things in the thread title!

SHIFT & TAB on a keyboard if you're wondering: ||||||

COYS

Line up should be:

Vicario
Porro Dier Van de Ven Udogie
Bissouma Skipp Lo Celso
Kuluveski Richarlison Solomon

Give Kane, Maddison etc. around 30 minutes so they're in perfect shape for Brentford.
Reckon both FBs change and VDV might be too soon.

Vic
Porro
Romero
Davies
Reguillon
Bissouma
Skipp
GLC
Perisic
Richy
Solomon
lineup code
[lineup]
Vic
Porro Romero Davies Reguillon
Bissouma
Skipp GLC
Perisic Richy Solomon
[/lineup]

Maybe the front 3 won’t all change but I think he wants to give as many as possible extended minutes to see who he wants for Brentford

Vicario
Porro
Dier
Sanchez
Reguilon
Bissouma
Skipp
LoCelso
Solomon
Richarlison
Perisic​
lineup code
[lineup]
Vicario
Porro Dier Sanchez Reguilon
Bissouma
Skipp LoCelso
Solomon Richarlison Perisic​
[/lineup]

Based on the subs bench from Shakhtar. I wouldn't be too surprised to see this line up. Can't see us risking too many first team players so close to a season affer a game 2 days prior.

Hopefully van de Ven makes the bench.

Vicario
Porro
Dier
Sanchez
Reguilon
Bissouma
Skipp
LoCelso
Solomon
Richarlison
Perisic​
lineup code
[lineup]
Vicario
Bissouma
Skipp LoCelso
[/lineup]

Based on the subs bench from Shakhtar. I wouldn't be too surprised to see this line up. Can't see us risking too many first team players so close to a season affer a game 2 days prior.

Throw him in

When does LaLiga season start? Will Barca be playing their second 11 too cause their season opener is coming up?
Don’t know. Either way, throw him in. If he has a good game, he starts vs Brentford, if he struggles give him a few weeks to integrate and start Davies

Don’t know. Either way, throw him in. If he has a good game, he starts vs Brentford, if he struggles give him a few weeks to integrate and start Davies

what she said yes GIF by TipsyElves.com

Vicario
Porro
Dier
Sanchez
Reguilon
Bissouma
Skipp
LoCelso
Solomon
Richarlison
Perisic​
lineup code
[lineup]
Vicario
Bissouma
Skipp LoCelso
[/lineup]

Not sure it helps us to expose this CBs to Barca and they get torn apart either…

Tough call tbh

Vicario
Porro
Dier
Sanchez
Reguilon
Bissouma
Skipp
LoCelso
Solomon
Richarlison
Perisic​
lineup code
[lineup]
Vicario
Bissouma
Skipp LoCelso
[/lineup]

Maybe Spence and Tanganga?
Would like to see Djed before he goes..
Actually cancel that. Just seen he is on the list.

Last edited:
We play Barcelona about 48 hours after we play Shakhtar, and with that rapid turnround between matches, I can't see any of the starters against Shakhtar, all of whom played about 80 or 90 minutes, playing any part except maybe a cameo appearance. So line up for Barcelona :

Vicario, or Forster (if fit) or Austin
Porro, Dier, Sanchez (sub Van de Ven 45 mins), Reguilon,
Bissouma, Skipp, Lo Celso,
Solomon, Richarlison, Perisic

I'm betting Van de Ven plays some mins despite minimal training with first team, and if he's ok, he might start v Brentford.

Subs will need to be mainly today's starting line up plus a couple of the uninjured players who were not in today's squad, plus possibly new arrivals Phillips and Veliz.

This fixture does not make sense. We are playing one of the most famous teams which should be an occasion but because 48 hours after last match and only 5 days to opening PL match we play our back up players. Why is this match being played tomorrow as whilst all results in pre season are a bit meaningless the result will have even less meaning with the players playing.

Reckon both FBs change and VDV might be too soon.

Vic
Porro
Romero
Davies
Reguillon
Bissouma
Skipp
GLC
Perisic
Richy
Solomon
lineup code
[lineup]
Vic
Porro Romero Davies Reguillon
Bissouma
Skipp GLC
Perisic Richy Solomon
[/lineup]

Maybe the front 3 won’t all change but I think he wants to give as many as possible extended minutes to see who he wants for Brentford
Time to play VDV and Veliz. Philips on the bench.

This fixture does not make sense. We are playing one of the most famous teams which should be an occasion but because 48 hours after last match and only 5 days to opening PL match we play our back up players. Why is this match being played tomorrow as whilst all results in pre season are a bit meaningless the result will have even less meaning with the players playing.

It's not about results in the first place......... It's a glorified training game.

Even if we rotate heavily; everyone needs to be tuned up before the season. Besides we won't just play the reserves for 90minutes.

Porro
Biss
Skipp
Rich
VDV
GLC
.......All need a bit more game-time in their legs.

I don’t think it’s really possible to support more than 1 team but with that in mind I do kinda support Barça in Spain. So I’ll enjoy this one all the more.
And before you all go ‘for shame’ it’s because my best friend was a barça fanatic and he got run over by a dump truck when he was 17 so I follow them in his memory. Before then I actually liked Betis

Back
Top Bottom