Barcelona v Tottenham Hotspur | Estadi Olímpic Lluís Companys | Tuesday 8th August | KO: 19:00

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Only watched the game this morning. Thought Bissouma and Lo Celso were very good.. look set up to make an
impact this season. Solomon a good pickup. Sanchez put in a real shift. Richarlison poor first half, better second. Perisic looks well worth keeping around. Nice to see Skipp get the goals, really needs to get better at dealing with the ball though.

Reguilon just not good enough. Will be terrified anytime I see Porro line out at rb this season until given reason to think otherwise. Dier dire. Vicario, you're gonna have to show me something other than saving the shots that go right above your head.. positioning suspect, ball goes through him at times.

Love the way Ange has us playing, should be a fun season, think we'll do better than expected w/ no European travel/mins

8th ? We ain’t finishing 8th. Even last season we only managed to achieve that by absolutely dropping the ball towards the end of the season. I’d genuinely be astonished if Villa / Brighton finished above us next season. I have doubts about the Saudi club too. Top 5 & possibly 4th. Yes this club has a lot of problems. But fuck sake we ain’t in any worse state than some of these other sides with or without Kane.

Neville needs to stop 🛑 his bollocks.
After last night's performance from the B/C team, I have us down as the dark horse this year. A few things will need to come together, such as Micky bedding in quickly, staying relatively injury-free, and the players we had written off (Lo Celso, Perisic, Richie, even Dav) continuing their preseason form. But with one game a week, it's not impossible!

Me too honestly. Never saw any patterns in Contes football.
I did, but we were really shit at executing them. So they were probably the wrong ones for this group of players. Which highlighted again what a shit manager Conte was. It's easy when you buy the exact players you want, but if you can't do it with the players you have, it's on you.

said it last night if the manager had watch videos of many of these players he would have seen what we know
dier is poor, reggie & porro can't defend, Sanchez was the only one (normally he's poor) had a good game
Richarlson is never a goalscorer
Videos of the players playing in a completely different system will not tell you much. You'll only find out when you play them in your system.

said it last night if the manager had watch videos of many of these players he would have seen what we know
dier is poor, reggie & porro can't defend, Sanchez was the only one (normally he's poor) had a good game
Richarlson is never a goalscorer
that would show you how bad they could be

playing them in your system should show you how good they can be

Waddle for 18 months was really poor

btw disagree about Rich, anyone that scores decent amount for Everton can't be bad

If Kane leaves (hope not obv) then he'll score loads in an Ange system

Blimey the laughs I got for suggessting we should keep Lo C because there was a very good player there somewhere
He's a very good player. Understandable to have doubts about his durability and g/a assist record in the PL to be fair, but I think he's a good match for our system now, and more of a spread play / pass before the assist guy than direct chance creator. Busy off the ball too.

Even said so himself after the game. It was his decision to not make subs, which meant the lads tired towards the end.
Yep, I think one of the changes we'll see under Ange this season is fresh legs earlier in the game. The physical demands of the new system will soon show if someone needs replacing.

Back
Top Bottom