Ben Davies

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Didn’t realise Ben got married this year.

A player who doesn’t always get the credit he deserves. With Lenglet seemingly the option we’re going for I imagine it’ll affect his game time but he’s a player who rarely puts a foot wrong. Did really well for us last season and I’m sure he’ll continue to put in solid performances next season when called upon.

8 years at the club. Showing my age but I remember the day we signed him as if it were yesterday. Time flies.

Hello, I am a Swansea supporter and i would like to give you some views on Ben. Ben is a very good player and arguably as good as Shaw I think they are at the same level myself. Ben still has not stopped improving and can still improve a lot. I hope that your team can offer Ben the support and development he needs. Hopefully if Ben can improve with you then he can be just as good as Bale and Wales can win the Euros and the World Cup!!

"There is competition for places everywhere but everyone wants the best for the Club," said Ben.

"Whoever is on the pitch for a particular game, it’s about supporting them and wanting the best for the team.

"You saw Harry on the bench when we scored the second goal at Chelsea, a huge goal and it was as if he’d scored the goal himself. I’m sure he was devastated he couldn’t start a game like that but that’s irrelevant when the whistle goes at the start of the game because it’s about Tottenham Hotspur, not the names on the teamsheet, but winning the game for the Club, no matter who is there".

"We all want the best for this Club as does everyone involved and if you are not on the pitch or on the bench and not playing, it doesn’t matter, because every player is there every day and as much part of the team as the players who play most weeks. Without them, it doesn’t work, we don’t have the same training, the same intensity and that’s the feeling we have throughout the squad. That’s been huge this season.

"Everyone is settled and that shows on the pitch in our performances - everyone wants the best for this Club.

"The emotions at Chelsea when we scored the goals, after the game, that was real. This is our team. This is what we want to do. It’s one Club, players, staff, fans and everyone has one goal and that’s to push us forward and wins like that make it feel all the more special."

QYyA.gif

DaBZ-ujVMAAi0Zp.jpg

Last edited:
Ben goes about his business quietly and efficiently, especially when he's in a back three. I don't think he's a problem we need to fix. He's possibly the nicest guy in football too. I sit close to Ryley Keyes, and on Sunday, Ben came over and had a chat with the family and gave Ryley his match shirt. Ryley's mum said that both he and Joe Roden were fantastic with Ryley.
Sometimes, just sometimes, the nice guy can come up trumps.

When you have a midfield that lacks creativity you need attacking full backs.

Everyone can see the difference Reguilon makes when he plays.

Davies is useless in the attacking 3rd. It wouldnt be so noticable if we had a midfield of Lo Celso, Tanguy and Hojberg.
Lol we didn't need attacking full backs last night though. We didn't set up to play like that. The plan was to be strong defensively first to negate Burnley's threat.

Jose called the game exactly right before kick-off. He said we were not going to see us score loads of goals because of how Burnley play. Some on here think they know better though and get annoyed that we don't score six again.

Reggie isn't better defensively than Davies and that's why Jose picked Davies. If we had conceded then we probably would have seen Reggie come on to chase an equaliser.

As it was, Ben did exactly what was asked of him - stay strong defensively, don't give away soft free-kicks. A job well done.

This season I would rather not shift our back four around every bloody game. How many centre back pairings did we use in total last season? Must have been at least a club record. I mean at one point we had Sandro and fryers for god's sake. The best sides tend to have a solid and consistent back 4 (5) who get to know each other. I'd sooner bring in a young full back from the academy than break up our regular centre back duo (whoever it may be) to cover for any absences.

If we can start 75% of our premier league matches with a back four of Davies vertonghen Kaboul/chiriches Walker I'd be happy with that.

Sucks for the squad player who misses out but they will get opportunities due to injury and suspension and of course in the cups

Always had a ton of time for Ben. Firstly, he just seems to be a decent bloke.
always gives his best, which when part of a back 3, is pretty good.
never seen him hide and often puts his body on the line.
seems well liked by other members of the squad and never has a tantrum when not in favour.
would like him to stay and be part of a, hopefully, glorious next few years for us.

I think he gets a bad rap at times. Since Conte has arrived he’s probably been our most consistent defender (Romero has a far higher ceiling but has more off days than Ben). Did very well for the goal, I’d have him as our first choice LCB and ahead of Sessegnon for LWB. Good squad player.

Back
Top Bottom