Ben Davies

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Don't reckon we'll see him play for us again. But the guy 100% deserves all our respect for his many years of effective service. The no-nonsense Ronseal player of his age. Never any fuss. A real pro.
Why wouldn't we keep him for another year? He is a great asset to the club as well as the team. When his contract runs out he is a free agent, he could come back or move on depending on the situation. There would be no shortage of takers if he decides to move on a free.

Why wouldn't we keep him for another year? He is a great asset to the club as well as the team. When his contract runs out he is a free agent, he could come back or move on depending on the situation. There would be no shortage of takers if he decides to move on a free.
I don't have a problem with it personally but I think we'll be looking to replace him.

I don't have a problem with it personally but I think we'll be looking to replace him.
We should definitely bring in another left back who can compete with Udogie, but Ben covers two positions and doesn't make any fuss when he doesn't start. With (hopefully!) a lot more games to play next season that is worth a lot.

We should definitely bring in another left back who can compete with Udogie, but Ben covers two positions and doesn't make any fuss when he doesn't start. With (hopefully!) a lot more games to play next season that is worth a lot.
I think we really need another speedy left-sided CB with Ange. VDV is fantastic but he looks like a guy who'll miss a few games and we'll need someone similar to cover (or challenge when he's going through a dodgy patch).

Davies is and has been a great asset to us. Deserves to stay around and provide cover but I agree with others that we need to find someone that suits the Angeball system better. We've been considerably worse without Udogie at times this season.

I think Ben is far more capable of playing Angeball than Emerson. He is very tidy on the ball and when given the licence to get forward he does it quite aggressively. Underrated player.

I’d rather get a player who can cover RB/LB to replace Emerson and keep Ben.

Back
Top Bottom