Ben Davies

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I think he's got better now he has had a run in the team.
His never going to push Rose for his place but a worthy no.2 in my opinion.

Suits a traditional left back position in a back 4, rather than a wingback in a back 5. That being said, he has improved drastically and is a very good option to have. I rate him.

I personally think he takes Wimmers place as centre back depth in a three next season and we sell Wimmer.

Sessegnon or another left back in suitable to cover for Rose.

I'm happy for Ben and think that this is a good decision. Sure, he's has a few substandard performances, but who hasn't? I think that he has shown in the past, and in his most recent couple of games, what he is capable of and is a solid enough second choice. He cannot replace what Rose can offer us and it's probably a little unfair to expect him to be able to. That being said, I'm pretty comfortable to have him come in and help when needed.

I personally think he takes Wimmers place as centre back depth in a three next season and we sell Wimmer.

Sessegnon or another left back in suitable to cover for Rose.

Davies in a back 3 is fine with me so this is good news. Still think Poch will sell Wimmer and bring in a proper left wing back to cover Rose (and Davies becomes Vertonghen's cover).
Hopefully him agreeing to a new deal is sign that he's been given assurances regarding our defensive plans.

You'd think he'd be more keen if you two are correct and he gets to be a left-sided CB option (also giving him more continuity with the role he has in the Welsh team).

Still young. Needs to work on his right foot. His crossing, shooting and postioning.
He's not really too good offensively and he cannot get back quick enough. Not the Rose, Walker, Trippier mould of full back at all.
Can be a tidy defender though.
If he only plays as a left sided defender in a back 3 is that when Vertonghen doesn't play?
Poch has faith in him, looks like, but then Mason, Carrol signed new contract until the 2020's.

I'm not totally convinced yet, but then he hasn't had any consistent game time. He's not had too many stinkers when he has though I suppose.
If Pochettino rates him, thinks he has what it takes that's how it will be.
He gives 100% and is a team player.

The left back position is one that has haunted us over the last 10 years or so ,and we finally have the depth. Lets not take this for granted. I remember all to well, corluka moving around like a snail, Ekotto's carefree attitude, the time we played naughton (who's a RB) there as an inverted leftback, Vertonghen having to fill in there for Rose and indeed, the strain that put on our defense by having to shift players out of position

We have two decent left-backs who have kept our defence solid, I hope Davies and rose will be part of many future squads.

This is actually a decent shout Sausage. Though I'd like to see if Tierney can do it on a warm, Saturday afternoon in London in April...
Indeed.

I see you've taken a surprised tone with me. It suggests my McGinn posts were outlandish. The more dedicated reader will by now know that my posts are in fact defined by their sincerity. I called that cunt Onomah for what he is, months upon wretched months before it became de rigueur to do so.

Did anyone here in the commentary that they were surprised that Davies had signed a new contract? Think the fact that he has says more about us,Tottenham Hotspur than anything else! He will know the situation regarding him and Rose! He obviously sees us as a very good option regarding his career,he could get regular first team football more or less anywhere with the exception of a couple of teams in the league so another positve in terms of how the club is going.

Back
Top Bottom