Ben Davies

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

FWIW Been our best player in our preseason games so far, just ahead of Eriksen. Loved what he did in 2nd half last night, made several runs in and around the box, highly influential in pinning back their right flank.

I think some fans forget he isn't our first choice and he's only just turned 24, will continue to get better this season, his speed and aggression got better during the last 10 games last season and will grow with confidence

Yes it was a real coincidence that the more games he played towards the end of last season the better he got.

Match sharpness is a made up concept for sure.

:myword:

Honestly think most of our fans think they must have been better than Pele, Maradonna and Cruyff combined the way they go on.
They would probably have slated our double winning team.

I dont mind Davies, but his nowhere near Roses level, his solid, but he always just seems to past the ball backwards

I thought Davies was excellent yesterday and has been very good actually for a ;long string of matches. I'd like to see more aggression from him, to improve his game further. But i agree he is behind Rose because Rose is LB perfection basically. If Rose didnt exist though we'd be well happy with Davies.

I thought Davies was excellent yesterday and has been very good actually for a ;long string of matches. I'd like to see more aggression from him, to improve his game further. But i agree he is behind Rose because Rose is LB perfection basically. If Rose didnt exist though we'd be well happy with Davies.
what do you mean by aggression? defensively or in attacking? I think in attacking he has shown intent since the very beginning. he has taken runs, he has taken shots. and he has scored in two games in a row.

Felt the need to post here as the Davidson Sanchez thread is going to pass Benny boy in a moment - the twat hasn't even signed for us yet!!! Hello everyone!

Hello!

This is more like it, much "better" than "how proud did it make you feel" crap.

"Better", Townsend's co-coms is rubbing off on me.

Can't stand the guy that does the interviews.
Asks the same boring shitty questions again and again.
"How did you find your performance/debut out there?
"You must have been buzzin to get out there?"
"Tell us how much of a dream come true this is?"
"How proud are you of this moment?"

Seems like a nice guy though, probably no one has the heart to let him go.

SpursTV commentator just as bad. Great play and goals met by "....it's there!"

Both absolutely shit. Dire stuff.

Doesn't the SpursTV guy sound like the FakeTaxi fella?

I can't unhear it.

Back
Top Bottom