Ben Davies

Airfixx

[ Tiers Of A Clown ] Announce Hebzebenese
Doherty is equally to blame for our lack of goal scoring opportunities. My objection is not to Davies as a player. He is what he is. My objection is to Jose picking Davies when Reguilon was available. Jose didn’t have a better attacking RB option than Doherty.

.....We didn't have Reguilon last year; didn't stop Davies getting mercifully cunted off every 5 minutes did it?

(Besides Serge has been more effective than MD in the attacking third this season thus far so the your last part is moot....)

So, should I nip to the MD thread and see if you blamed him for "playing a major part" in us nearly possibly hypothetically not winning a game that we actually in fact did win too?

As stevee stevee rightfully asked before me; why are you not finger-wagging the players primarily deployed to be creative instead?

The list in case you missed it:

Kane (rated world class)
Son (rated elite)
Lucas (or Lamela)
Ndombele (rated top class/elite) (or GLC)
+ PEH (whom according to the lazy 'Burnely don't attack' narrative would have had fuck all defensive responsibility)
+ Sissoko (ditto)

Airfixx

[ Tiers Of A Clown ] Announce Hebzebenese
Managers can make good decisions and lose and make bad decisions and win. It’s a fickle game. If someone hits in blackjack with a 16 against dealer 5, and wins the hand, I don’t applaud their good decision because it worked. I think they’re a fool who got lucky.

I don’t think Jose is a fool. But I think this was a foolish decision that reduced our likelihood of taking home 3 points.

I think it's more (and not just) foolish to sit back and pontificate in this manner when regardless of what you think, Jose's decisions were never the less justifiable (it wasn't a blind roll of the dice or draw of a card) and indeed vindicated by the result.

Last edited:
.....We didn't have Reguilon last year; didn't stop Davies getting mercifully cunted off every 5 minutes did it?

(Besides Serge has been more effective than MD in the attacking third this season thus far so the your last part is moot....)

So, should I nip to the MD thread and see if you blamed him for "playing a major part" in us nearly possibly hypothetically not winning a game that we actually in fact did win too?

As stevee stevee rightfully asked before me; why are you not finger-wagging the players primarily deployed to be creative instead?

The list in case you missed it:

Kane (rated world class)
Son (rated elite)
Lucas (or Lamela)
Ndombele (rated top class/elite) (or GLC)
+ PEH (whom according to the lazy 'Burnely don't attack' narrative would have had fuck all defensive responsibility)
+ Sissoko (ditto)
I saw a discussion about BD at the top of the message board. I participated in it. I’ve already told you I think Doherty is equally to blame for our weakness in attack Monday. I think if we’d had more threatening attacks from our fullbacks, players like Kane, Son, etc would have been freed up and would appear to play better as a result.

We tore Newcastle apart, but through incredible misfortune drew that game. I don’t blame Jose for that. It was bad luck. Against Burnley, we were very lucky to get 3 points. I blame Jose for not putting Reguilon on the field, a decision that seemed obviously wrong in the moment and in hindsight.

Anyway, I’ve had enough of this conversation.

Top Bottom