Benjamin Stambouli

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Anyone else see similarities between Stambouli and Scott Parker?

Less pirouette-y, but see your point.

Offers the muscle that we dont get from Bentaleb and Mason, but has some really delicate skills too.
Dembele and Stambouli are actually becoming my favoured CM pairing.

Will be nice to see the battle for midfield unfold and rotation should become a joy.

Thought he was MOTM yesterday. Agree with likeness to Parker but I think he has more to his game. Parker was great at ratting around and getting in the oppositions faces but once he had done the hard work of winning the ball he invariably passed it straight back to them. stambouli can pass and also has great range in his passing too. Not to mention he has already scored a goal.

Some of you might know that I am a big fan of Stambouli, but yesterday was definitely his best league game for us, good on the ball, used it well, good work rate to win the ball back. By the week he is improving and Poch is beginning to trust him. Hope he keeps it up.

I think in 6 months hel be quality. Reminds me of a cross between flamini and parker. But prob better on the ball. Only thing with him is thath he has a mad ten mins most weeks where he does everything like a child. Those will get ironed out soon enough but are hard to get outta your mind when judging him. I like him though

Impressed with his improvement, when I first saw him thought he was decent on the ball but was not quick/fit enough for the position and left us exposed far too often (see his first EL game), a few months of Poch training and he now seems to have the work rate to impact the game more.

His natural talent and reading off the game are top notch and I do not see how with Poch as manager his fitness won't go like that of Kane and Eriksen and just keep on getting better. His performances have improved as his fitness has so I do not think this form is a blip, hopefully this is the standard from him going forward.

I think Pochettino intends to use him, but (as I've posted before) his fitness seems way off what is required so far. He looks totalled after the first half, which isn't much use having a player who will have to be subbed at half time.

I don't think he's fit enough to start games yet, I've mentioned it before but he looks very lethargic in the second half of matches when he's started, which could be down to a number of things. I think Pochettino does rate him, as he makes an impact when he plays with his defensive ability.

As I'd previously thought, I think to look good in a Pochettino style system, you need to be fit for it. No surprised that having joined the club a little later than the rest of the team and missing the pre-season, it's taken him a little longer to get to grips with it.

I think Mason, Bentaleb and Stambouli are three very high tempo midfielders that will be rotating for the rest of the season.

Still not sure why he has been so under-used. Can't recall a game where he was so poor it warranted being dropped indefinitely?

Still not sure why he has been so under-used. Can't recall a game where he was so poor it warranted being dropped indefinitely?

Adds grist to "the French speaking clique in revolt conspiracy" mill.
Stambouli's internal exile has been one of the more frustrating aspects of the season.

Back
Top Bottom