Best Spurs side since 2000

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Interesting - for me that is the mark of a good player, especially if it goes to another of our players. It is one touch football and a beautiful thing. Makes it a team game rather than a collection of individuals getting in each others way. I do want players who can dribble and beat their player, but I mainly want them to do that where it hurts the opposition, rather than in our half. And i have seen Charlie do it in their half...
Getting rid of the ball ASAP is the best way to beat the other team. Always thought Charlie was too smart for the EPL... very clever footballer, but you need pace to shine here. He was quick in the head, not in the legs.

You make a good point. He was clever, but slow, and didn't seen very hungry to me.

As for Carr, I think he lived off the Man U goal for too long. I had his autograph on the back of a membership form once but I've lost it. Gutted. ;-)

I'm going to give you all the benefit of the doubt and assume you guys forgot about this man:

atouba.jpg

Yup, gotta say it annoyed me the way he ditched us. Though he was one of my favourite players while he was here.
Still, they started the long slide to obscurity just as he went there, whereas we got Santini in and started our slow back from mediocrity. So he got his. In spades. Like yourself, I did like him as a player though.

Getting rid of the ball ASAP is the best way to beat the other team. Always thought Charlie was too smart for the EPL... very clever footballer, but you need pace to shine here. He was quick in the head, not in the legs.

That was the thing people always pointed at. His lack of pace, yet he was very rarely caught napping because he read the game extremely well.

He was a defender, and a solid one.

Its no surprise that Lennon played his best footballer when Charlie was behind him. Walker doesnt have the brains or discipline to release Lennon when he has enough space to cause carnage. Walker will just run into that space instead.

I think Corluka being slow was a good thing. He didnt try and dribble out like BAE, and he created alot of attacks down the wing with sensible passing.

I think he showed how average he was when he joined that "massive" club Newcastle

He was fantastic under graham. Which was clearly nothing to do with the chalk boned gooner cunt.
Weren't United after him when he played for us? He was a top RB at Spurs and granted, average at the Barcodes.

He was great under the gooner cunt, once that cunt went he became average again.

Apart from the Sponsor (and weird Baseball shirt 3/4 length sleeves) ...THAT is a quality Classic Spurs kit!
For those of us that are a wee bit more...portly....those shirts were fucking horrible.I looked like a fat bird from croydon squeezed into white leggings when i had a krappa shirt)

(coming from croydon, i can confirm that fat birds in white leggings and crop tops are fairly common round here. really quite mesmeric, watching them waddle from Primark to McDonalds)

Robinson (pre cakes and Croatia gaffe)

Walker
Dawson
King
BAE

Lennon
Modric
Carrick
Bale

Berbatov
Keane

Subs - Lloris, Kanoute, Vertonghen, Kaboul, Pavlyuchenko, Naybet, Davids,