Bilbao v Sporting

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Bilbao play like Spain / Barcelona, almost every player knows how to pass the ball without making a mistake. Some pretty good goals too, great game

Agree. Currently watching the game with my fanatical Sporting supporting mate.
For me, watching it reminds me of the passion at WHL when we played Sivilla a few years back (forgetting painful outcome).
It just pisses me off how we treated the competition with total disdain.
Anyway, back to the 2nd half.

Can't believe this game has a thread but Valencia vs. Atletico doesn't! :sandro:

Bilbao are a quality side, showed that against United. Some good players and a good few youngsters too, i'd expect them to go through against Sporting.. I'll catch the highlights after i'm done with the other semi!

Thelonious said:
Wishing we hadn't looked down our noses at this now. :(
Same here, absolute farce. Totally disrespected the competition, and the fans who paid to go to the games abroad and watch our 18's draw 0-0 with some shit GreekRussian/whoever else we played team.

IF we don't make CL next year, i'd like to see us take this seriously because although some sneer at it, at the end of the day it's still a European trophy.

Thelonious said:

I suspect next season we will have a manager that treats it more seriously. Not sure what the majority of our support will make of that though.

I'm not giving up on CL qualification just yet, but equally would love to think that if we are in the EL next year we will get through the group and play some games against the decent German, Spanish, Dutch etc sides later on.

Great goal in the other semi by Atletico's Adrían. Long ball over which he chested, then rifled into the top corner on the volley. 5-2 agg. with half-hour left, looks like an all-Spanish final provided Bilbao can beat Sporting.

S.L.R said:
Thelonious said:

I suspect next season we will have a manager that treats it more seriously. Not sure what the majority of our support will make of that though.

I'm not giving up on CL qualification just yet, but equally would love to think that if we are in the EL next year we will get through the group and play some games against the decent German, Spanish, Dutch etc sides later on.

And some of the Champions league knockouts

Thelonious said:

Would have meant that Harry would have been moaning about tiredness and lack of cover in November but I totally agree. Only things we really learned from the UEFA this season is that Scottish football outside of Glasgow isn't good enough to beat our reserves, Rohan Ricketts is still shit, Tom Carroll looks like he could be a bit handy and Kane isn't as good as some made him out to be. Oh and the story about the steward at home to the Greeks as told on the podcast was pant wettingly funny.

Haven't enjoyed a game of football so much in ages. Fantastic. To see how much tonight meant to all those in Bilbao was, to my jaded eyes, a real pleasure. Good luck to them.

I don't think Champions League come down helped our motivation. The attendances were poor as well, which was a shame. In the end it's all revenue for the club.

Christ I was at the Hearts game. Now that was the most boring 90mins of football I have ever watched. Dave Mackay coming on at half time was cool though.

Just wish that UEFA would sort the format of the tournament out to make it more appealing to teams and the fans.

Back
Top Bottom