Bournemouth vs TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I've never liked any of the American analysis. Especially on ESPNFC. I've always known the English MOTD to be night and day different. Like you said, I wish they'd just broadcast that one over here.

Pundits on Fox are awful, and on ESPN they're the absolute worst (though I do watch ESPN FC to see highlights). NBC really aren't that bad, I just don't think they're given enough time to actually go into the detail I would like to see for certain matches.

Really good performance, capitalised on opportunities. Get the win against Aston Villa and hopefully build some momentum for Scum, West Ham and Chelsea. Some big games. Will be interesting to see if Mason comes straight back into the team? And hopefully Son is back, but who comes out? Lamela our leading goalscorer?

I really enjoyed the game but there was still something missing.
After having Klopp Cam last week, I had hoped every game in the Premier League would have a corner of the screen showing Klopp's reactions in real time whether he's at the game or not. It's what modern football needs to go to the next level.

Whilst yesterday was a thoroughly professional and clinical performance ... CLINICAL, us!
I just can't help but think we'd have won without Boruc's help... maybe not 5-1, but is have rathered if a GK was gonna 'have a Boruc' it would be when we play a team we might NOT have beaten otherwise... y'know, the usual suspects!
As it is, we're no doubt never gonna see a GK play so badly against us ever in the history of ever again... so maybe we should just enjoy it for what it was, a fun day out by the beach with some bawdy seaside humour thrown in for added entertainment!

Really good performance, capitalised on opportunities. Get the win against Aston Villa and hopefully build some momentum for Scum, West Ham and Chelsea. Some big games. Will be interesting to see if Mason comes straight back into the team? And hopefully Son is back, but who comes out? Lamela our leading goalscorer?

I'd like to see Alli get benched for Mason and have him as a impact sub for the big games. Anyone know what is going on with Bentaleb.

Will take it for what it is. A decent result against a very weak side that have lost 3 of their best players and where low on confidence after a drubbing last week.

Was typically nervous about the game before it, "we should be hammering these" crew would be on the lurk. Haven't read back but i'm sure people were displeased with the goal after 50 seconds. But we put them to the sword and shouldn't really judge our performance on how bad they were, because ultimately we did all that was expected of us. We saw a weakness in their team and we exploited it.

Jeckell and Hyde team
Can't understand why we closed down on the ball today like a pack of wolves after some fresh meat (see Mousa), while we shied away from it during the EL game like it had herpes. Do they not care about Europa, or did pooch light a fire after Thursday's result?

Toby was outstanding
Eriksen shot off the post was the best effort of the day even though it didn't find the net.
Dire and Dembele (D^2) were absolute brutes knocking the hapless Cherries off the ball.

When Son returns ........ Watch out!
Guess it was more about the opponent. Bournemouth clearly weren't capable of moving the ball quick enough, so we pressed them very high

For what it's worth:

Doesn't it make a difference when players get into the box in front of goal; 64% of our shots were in that prime 'killing zone'.
Some random passing stats from the game....
We made 158 backward passes yesterday, the highest of the season so far...our lowest of 86 was against L'pool last week...make of that what you will.
Dier & Alli had pass completion ratios of 90% & 89% respectively...not sure how Poch can play Mason at the moment especially since he operates mainly on the right.

Pundits on Fox are awful, and on ESPN they're the absolute worst (though I do watch ESPN FC to see highlights). NBC really aren't that bad, I just don't think they're given enough time to actually go into the detail I would like to see for certain matches.
We have some decent commentators here in Denmark, luckily

Whatever, I'm happy.
I'm happy but I want to really destroy teams when we have the chance and i hope our players feel like that.

We need to be coming off that pitch pleased with the result of course but there should also be a slight feeling of disappointment that we didn't win by more.

Back
Top Bottom