Brighton (A) 12:30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He's playing Sissoko at RB, so forget KWP. I do like him, but I agree he's not world class. As a top 3 EPL team, all our players need to be world class. Shame, as he seems like a nice lad and he's got talent.

Wanyama will play, I think. I doubt ND will start, since his stamina is shite. Winks will start because Poch trusts him and he doesn't normally bench players after a bad game (good man management, imo).

Sissoko-Sanchez-Tanganga-Davies
Winks-Dier
Lamela-Eriksen-Son
Kane

I agree that a clean sheet is very important. Brighton aren't a free-scoring side, so that is definitely possible. Just need to pull together. I believe we will. There's nothing going on behind the scenes that can't be fixed.
Big hole in your back 4. Sanchez and Tanganga. Might as well just play 2 in the back line.

It won't mean a thing to beat Brighton apart from 3 points. Our next real test will be Anfield. I don't care about the result, just the performance.

It will mean 3 points, and right now brother I would take them in a heartbeat.
I get your point about Anfield, but right now we need to steady the ship.

Spurs x plenty

4-3-1-2 for me. I know it's the hated diamond but with a DM (Dier) and Lamela in his best position I think it's worth a go.

Hugo

Sissoko
Sanchez
Jan
Davies

Winks
Dier
N'Dombele

Lamela

Son
Kane

It won't mean a thing to beat Brighton apart from 3 points. Our next real test will be Anfield. I don't care about the result, just the performance.
It will mean plenty if we don't win, so here's crossing everything that can be crossed! We need to put all our energies in winning this game, as the fallout will be nuclear if we don't. Last thing that should be on our mind is a game in the future. One game at a time - a cliche I know, but that doesn't stop it being true.

Big hole in your back 4. Sanchez and Tanganga. Might as well just play 2 in the back line.
I know it's not the first-choice, but with Toby and Jan having been ruined by the last 2 games, I think he'll play Sanchez. Tanganga is looking pretty good and Poch might see this as an opportunity to pair them up. The Winks/Dier partnership is important, though.

No excuses today. I’m not listening to any bullshit. Instead puffing out the chest and being proper spurs.

Brighton have won 1 game this season. 3 games in the calendar year.

I read someone saying we have relegation for this year. We really don’t.

Brighton however do.

3 points will give us 14 from 8.
Having played 3 of the current top 4 away from home. And a win at Leicester would have put us top 4........

Poch needs to find his magic and be fucking brave with his selections.
Fucking COYS. They need to show pride today in this Lilywhite shirt.

Believe.

(Can’t seem to remember what we had when Harry took over after 8 games. That was relegation form.
Shame he didn’t make a bit more noise about that one).

Last edited:
I know it's not the first-choice, but with Toby and Jan having been ruined by the last 2 games, I think he'll play Sanchez. Tanganga is looking pretty good and Poch might see this as an opportunity to pair them up. The Winks/Dier partnership is important, though.
Poch won’t bench both Jan and Toby. It’s important we get back to winning ways before the International break so I don’t think he will rotate much. In fact saying that Sissoko will likely start at RB which is probably the best option atm indicates that he will play the strongest side possible.

I expect Rose to be rotated and maybe Lamela to replace Alli at the tip of the diamond. It will also be interesting if Poch will drop his formation after those public complains from the players or he will stick to it.

It will mean plenty if we don't win, so here's crossing everything that can be crossed! We need to put all our energies in winning this game, as the fallout will be nuclear if we don't. Last thing that should be on our mind is a game in the future. One game at a time - a cliche I know, but that doesn't stop it being true.

It is true, this game for me is the final chance for Poch and for these players to prove they can right the ship.

I don't want to sound dramatic when saying that but if we can't beat Brighton then I think this manager and team is done imo.

I can say with conviction we aren't getting anything against Liverpool, they will decimate us in our current form.
Overall they've been pretty average so far this season, perhaps 2 of the 7 performances in the league could be labelled as 'great' and last week they were very lucky to get a 0-1 win at Sheffield United.

Back
Top Bottom