Brighton v Tottenham, Wed 16th March, ko 7.30pm - Not on tv.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Can't tell you how important that deflection for the first goal was.

At that point the game was just turgid, slow tempo, meandering away into a likely 0-0 draw or worse 1-0 loss. I was so relieved we got that goal early.
Whadda mean, Cuti knew exactly what he was doing!
Ha Ha Reaction GIF

Just caught up and watched the game today. Solid, professional performance with most of the team putting in a 7/10.

Whatever you have to say about Paratici (and there's plenty to say about him), the signings of Romero, Kulusevski and Bentancur have improved our starting lineup in 3/10 outfield positions. Thought Romero in particular was very impressive yesterday. Think it would have been a good game to start Bergwijn ahead of Son.. his performances when given the chance have deserved it imo.

Brighton desperately need to make two good attacking signings this summer so we can see what level Potter really is as a coach.

I agree he's head and shoulders above the other three and otherwise had a good game last night.

His first thought is to get forward (one of the few that think that way in the team).

It's just he was teed up twice by Kane with identical chances and fluffed both.

GD may haunt us as the end of the season.
I think the Kulusevski miss was far worse given he had time to set himself up.
In my ropey stream, I thought it was Kane on the ball for a moment then realised as soon as he waited until the keeper was on top of him.

Maybe Kane needs to start giving his team mates tips. especially if it's Kane teeing them up.

The performance win or lose has improved from a few weeks ago. I did feel that we should have won more easily and unlike Burnley & Middlesboro looked capable of scoring. Sunday will be a big test and I am glad we have some competitive players in Midfield which could not be said when Ndombele, Winks & Lo Celso played. Bentacur & Hojbjerg will have to play well.

It is an incredible record I think he will end up like shearer with an outstanding goal scoring record overall but nothing else to show for it.
I think it is a bit of a shame that possibly the best striker of his generation and all time premier League could end up potless at the end of his career.
Only at spurs would this happen

I think the Kulusevski miss was far worse given he had time to set himself up.
In my ropey stream, I thought it was Kane on the ball for a moment then realised as soon as he waited until the keeper was on top of him.

Maybe Kane needs to start giving his team mates tips. especially if it's Kane teeing them up.
Kulu needed to pull the ball across to his right and gone to the keeper’s left. Unfortunately, he’s a little one-footed and sold himself early as going to the keepers right (narrow) side with his dominant foot.

Kulu needed to pull the ball across to his right and gone to the keeper’s left. Unfortunately, he’s a little one-footed and sold himself early as going to the keepers right (narrow) side with his dominant foot.
And a few posters were calling for lefty Kulu to be the answer to our RWB issues before the game

the naked gun facepalm GIF

Should have lifted it

A bad miss

And a few posters were calling for lefty Kulu to be the answer to our RWB issues before the game

the naked gun facepalm GIF

That's just an unfortunate byproduct of Conte suggesting that he can play WB when we signed him.

The truth is it's all too evident that this isn't the case in this league and that given his strengths he'd be wasted in that position.

That's just an unfortunate byproduct of Conte suggesting that he can play WB when we signed him.

The truth is it's all too evident that this isn't the case in this league and that given his strengths he'd be wasted in that position.
Kulu doesn’t need to be going to any kind of WB position. He’s doing very well where he is, innit.

:llorishuh:......"Eh?"

EDIT: So what you're saying is it's right to begrudge our team credit when they deserve it? ....Because people would rather not praise them when they don't deserve it?

#Gymnastics
Sorry I think you've missed my point.

I've sarcastically reacted to him saying that it's peculiar how fans go missing and when spurs win.

His point was as invalid as someone expecting fans to to turn up and praise the team after some embarrassing losses.

I thought it would be obvious that fans will criticise the team when we lose. And praise the team when we win.

Sorry I think you've missed my point.

I've sarcastically reacted to him saying that it's peculiar how fans go missing and when spurs win.

His point was as invalid as someone expecting fans to to turn up and praise the team after some embarrassing losses.

I thought it would be obvious that fans will criticise the team when we lose. And praise the team when we win.

To which I can only assume you mis-understood the OG point; which was to question why X people that wrote us off aren't so keen to praise us and admit they were wrong.

Quite a lot of difference.. Some fans here seem only happy when they can slate the club or bitch.

There are a few but in particualr that Tommy something or other.. When we go a goal down he seems overjoyed and posts on mulptiple occassion and when we lose he is relentless with his, Wankberg, Wanks, Dr Tottenham blah blah blah, he is so excited..His last post on last nights game was 5 mins before we scored, then nothing, no celebration nothing.

If he's a Spurs fan i'll eat my hat. I guess it's only me who's noticed this?
People use this place to vent their frustrations , myself included

It doesn’t help when you have a large section of people on here that go ridiculously over the top every time we do win

Dare to criticise any aspect of the team after a win and your instantly branded a melt, gooner , West Ham fan etc

You also have the usual suspects goading people in the Enic thread if they don’t post anything straight after a win

Back
Top Bottom