Brighton vs Tottenham Hotspur (A) - Thursday 28th December 19:30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Thing is this attack attack attack where was it yday for 80 mins. We hardly peppered their goal with shots or good chances exclude the offsides. This is the thing people fall into the trap of a misconception bcos we are known for attacking style under Ange. We hardly mustered 5 passes together in the first half and we certainly weren’t carving them open like they were to us.

We were playing badly..... It doesn't mean the philosophy or tactical intent were any less attacking.

He fecked up. If he doesn't think he fecked up he is not the man I thought he was.
Actually earlier in the session he sounded like someone who takes responsibility. Yday he basically said it was down to tiredness and not anything he did or did not do. Would have been good to ask why no changes at HT after that first half horror show.

Urrrrgh! Tonight was SO avoidable... We started so well, and then almost seemed to forget we'd started so well, and let them walk all over us....

I guess, 8 first team regulars out was gonna take its' toll sooner or later...

Worrying that we've yet to win a game WITHOUT Romero... and what with Son, Sarr and Bids out next month, January is starting to look bleak!
Who are the 8 first teamers out? I count cuti, mvd, boss and MADDs. Boss has been a pile of poo since Luton and cuti has not exactly been dominating and has missed a few games. Only MADDs and mvd are the real big miss.

Thing is this attack attack attack where was it yday for 80 mins. We hardly peppered their goal with shots or good chances exclude the offsides. This is the thing people fall into the trap of a misconception bcos we are known for attacking style under Ange. We hardly mustered 5 passes together in the first half and we certainly weren’t carving them open like they were to us.
Because the spine of the team is missing, the guys that can do this are not playing at the moment and the guys replacing them can't do what's being asked.

I didn’t say the philosophy or intent was not to attack but we were very poor in executing it with the players we had on the pitch.

You: ".......this attack attack attack where was it yday for 80 mins"

If you don't understand the implications of your own words; I can't help you.

No it isn’t and we haven’t been worked out, it’s complete hyperbole on the back of a poor result and TBH I hope you stick to what you’re saying and don’t change your tune when we’re back spanking teams.

The manager has been here 6 months and has dealt with possibly the worst injury crisis in modern club history. In spite of that we’re 5th, 6 points off top and 4 off 2nd place (remembering that pre-season expectations seemed to be in the 6th - 8th range).

In the 10 games prior to our horrific injury list we went unbeaten and conceded 9 goals and had 4 clean sheets. In nearly every game during that run we dominated the opposition and completely controlled the game.

Now you’re pulling out quotes like “might have worked in Scotland but it won’t work here” and “once teams press up against us we fall apart”.

Of course we’re open at the back and passing pretty poorly, we have our only 2 competent CBs injured and the whole CM in front of them out too! The lack of appreciation for the situation the manager is in is fucking astounding.

Everyone on this forum needs to appreciate it’s going to be a really tough few games coming up with the lengthy absence list and just enjoy the games for what they are. There isn’t a manager in the world that could continue battering good sides with the absences we have.

Moreover, none of the world’s great managers right now would flex their tactics because of injuries in the way some are asking Ange to.

Pep came 3rd in his first season here, I remember many people calling him naive and unable to adapt to the PL at the end of that season. You know what happened? The league adapted to him ultimately not the other was around.

Arteta came 8th in his first 2 seasons whilst trying to implement his football. Klopp 8th, 4th and 4th in his first 3. Yet after 6 months of the best football we’ve seen in donkeys years here you’re trotting out quotes like that. It’s embarrassing.

Fans moan about trophies and success and then moan about the process the manager is implementing to get us that.

Shameful. Bring that same energy when we’re flying with a fully fit team mate. If you can’t see what Ange is trying to do and trying to build here you don’t deserve the success it’ll bring. You have to be fucking blind to not see the fantastic direction we’re travelling in.

Great post, pity you wasted all those words on him though

Just want to say… our fan base is fucking insane.

4-0 down last night and we were still singing… and had numbers all over the East and West stands cheering when we got our consolation goals.

FA Cup Friday night against the miserable and uninspiring Burnley and we sold out in a couple of days.

I put my ticket for Brentford - midweek antisocial time - up for sale last night and it went at 2am.

No other club has this kind of mad sadomasochistic lunacy and loyalty in its midst.

Fuck everyone. We’re the only story worth following.

Just want to say… our fan base is fucking insane.

4-0 down last night and we were still singing… and had numbers all over the East and West stands cheering when we got our consolation goals.

FA Cup Friday night against the miserable and uninspiring Burnley and we sold out in a couple of days.

I put my ticket for Brentford - midweek antisocial time - up for sale last night and it went at 2am.

No other club has this kind of mad sadomasochistic lunacy and loyalty in its midst.

Fuck everyone. We’re the only story worth following.
:mickyarm:

Johnson, Son or Dejan should have gone before Richy. Johnson is cowardly and so is Son in many ways.
100%!
I do t get the kulu fanbois tbh.
There are so many right sided wide players better than him. His no a game changer. In the 10 role he cannot dictate play like MADDs and doesn’t demand or do enough with the ball. Yes he has a few good moments but that’s about it.
As BJ I really am struggling to see why we bought him. Has no real technical skil, doesn’t beat a man, can’t cross, no fight, weak, doesn’t press, track back , lazy list is endless all for £47M. I’m hoping someone did see something in him this far not seen and he can develop. Keep repeating myself we didn’t need him and should have used that money to go for eze. Now he is star quality. In this system would be great.
Son we know his weak but has proven he can out the ball in the back of the net so gets some leeway.
Tbh I’d sell both kulu and BJ, get eze and ollise or another CF.

Back
Top Bottom