Building the best squad - and we need what?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

You any fucking clue what makes a system good or bad?
I have an idea, yeah. Score lots, concede little, to put it in very simple terms. Obviously, would be foolish to expect it to work so early at Tottenham, must be given another 10 years and 20 transfer windows /s

Or just taking cheap shots based on the recent results?
Not really, I’ve said it for a few months that we’ve been poor, despite the decent results we’ve produced at the time.

For me, the next couple of games will say a lot where we’ll head with this manager in charge. If he keeps playing the same dumb tactics against the best teams in the league, it’s clear. Meanwhile, you lot will call him brave and stuff. :mourthumb:

Nothing at present is working for me, but that's mostly confidence.

Our players are better than we have seen in the last 2 or 3 months so that has to be on Postecoglou to a large extent.

He is now under the spotlight a little, but not necessarily under pressure.

Some of his decisions, players' wise and lack of pragmatism are not helping him.

New players will only achieve so much.

I have an idea, yeah. Score lots, concede little, to put it in very simple terms. Obviously, would be foolish to expect it to work so early at Tottenham, must be given another 10 years and 20 transfer windows /s

Not really, I’ve said it for a few months that we’ve been poor, despite the decent results we’ve produced at the time.

For me, the next couple of games will say a lot where we’ll head with this manager in charge. If he keeps playing the same dumb tactics against the best teams in the league, it’s clear. Meanwhile, you lot will call him brave and stuff. :mourthumb:

So you don’t have a clue what goes into making a system good

And you are basing on the last few months so recent results

They are cheap shots you are taking because you don’t really even think about them

Nothing at present is working for me, but that's mostly confidence.

Our players are better than we have seen in the last 2 or 3 months so that has to be on Postecoglou to a large extent.

He is now under the spotlight a little, but not necessarily under pressure.

Some of his decisions, players' wise and lack of pragmatism are not helping him.

New players will only achieve so much.
Explain how they are better and how it has to be Postecoglou?

You’re literally in every thread replying to anyone daring to criticize Postecoglou.

I’m not, I posted some pictures from the highlights of our recent games in another thread, to begin with.

What about you?
Go find a quote where I’ve said that.

And you think your screenshot masterpieces qualify you judge a system of a professional football coach?

Big time blagger

To me as it stands Ange has it all to prove. His record in other leagues stands for nothing. He needs to show innovation, bravery, smartness , flexibility , braveness, etc in how he manages the team and how we play. We are too easy to defend against and too easy to attack. He has to show more than words about challenging for the title next season. Any Tom dick and harry can say that ffs!

Reserve keeper
Left centreback who can cover left back
Right back
Defensove midfield
Attacking midfield who can play wide
Striker
Winger
Sell….Davies…Royal….Tanganga….Rodon…..PEH…..Lo Celso…..Gil…..Richarlison possibly.

Massive first team upgrade priorities:

LFW
CF
RFW

We obviously need better rotation RB, LB, LCB as well. I'm not totally convinced with other positions but they are stronger than those above so can wait.

Spend the bulk of our summer 24 budget on 4 quality upgrades for those 4 positions and shop for value for the other 3 if possible.

Oh man, thanks for this. I always forget who sung this and the correct name of the song. I end up having to search "reverse noise-gated reverb 'money money money' intro song" or some bs, and it usually doesn't work because Google is a shit nowadays -- and by extension so is every pseudo-engine, like StartPage, that uses Google's DB as a backend.

Back
Top Bottom