Burnley (H) - Friday 5th January 8pm - FA Cup Journey Begins...

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Would you rest them for a Premiership game?
When do Porro or Vic get rested then?

If Vic gets an injury in the FA Cup match and we need Fraser for the rest of the season was it worth playing him in the cup?

I know we are desperate for a trophy and the FA Cup/League Cup are our most likely options, but *this* season with how things are going I'd sacrifice it. Or rather, gamble with some other players.

We don't have the depth or fit players currently to play two cup games this month, let alone the weekend before Brentford.

The team is in dire need of a break, recharge and reinforcements - new signings or players returning from injury.

If Vic gets an injury in the FA Cup match and we need Fraser for the rest of the season was it worth playing him in the cup?

I know we are desperate for a trophy and the FA Cup/League Cup are our most likely options, but *this* season with how things are going I'd sacrifice it. Or rather, gamble with some other players.

We don't have the depth or fit players currently to play two cup games this month, let alone the weekend before Brentford.

The team is in dire need of a break, recharge and reinforcements - new signings or players returning from injury.

Next match after Burnley is on the 15th, they can get 9 days rest then also keepers don't really need to rest anyway

This month if we beat Burnley, we are playing 1 game a week as we have 4 matches this month, plenty of rest and recovery time for our players.

Hang on so it’s available at premier league grounds but no where else? How in under fuck is that fair?
Wait a second, VAR fair???

Cracking Up Lol GIF by HULU

Amazing all the talk of resting players. We get knocked out then its oh we need a trophy, we have history in the cup ange doesnt understand etc.
Full strength, win the game, rest up for few days, players back go at it again. We're not in europe.
Id rather a cup and 5th place

Amazing all the talk of resting players. We get knocked out then its oh we need a trophy, we have history in the cup ange doesnt understand etc.
Full strength, win the game, rest up for few days, players back go at it again. We're not in europe.
In an ideal world, yes. Me too.

But £1.5m prize money verses the riches that come from the Champion's League is why football is eschewed the way it is.

Next match after Burnley is on the 15th, they can get 9 days rest then also keepers don't really need to rest anyway

This month if we beat Burnley, we are playing 1 game a week as we have 4 matches this month, plenty of rest and recovery time for our players.
For Vic it’s obviously not a physical rest. You also have to reward players putting in at training or they lose interest. Forster should be enough in the Burnley game.

Possibly Ange may "reward" Forster with the starting berth for FA Cup games but no need to rest players whatsoever. Only 2 potential midweek games between the 3rd round and the QF.

Fri05/01/2024BurnleyH
Sun14/01/2024Manchester UnitedA
Sat27/01/2024FA 4
Wed31/01/2024BrentfordH
Sat03/02/2024EvertonA
Sat10/02/2024BrightonH
Sat17/02/2024Wolverhampton WanderersH
Fri23/02/2024ChelseaA
Wed28/02/2024FA 5
Sat02/03/2024Crystal PalaceH
Sat09/03/2024Aston VillaA
Sat16/03/2024FA QF
Sat16/03/2024FulhamA
Sat30/03/2024LutonH

Rest players who have niggles and/or fatigue.
Don't rest them to avoid a possible injury. Especially the keeper.
We could rest them, go out of the cup, and they still get injured in the very next game we rested them for.

Exactly.

Idiotic talk of resting players. We have plenty of time off after Burnley. Get the win and then give some of the guys time off.

Wouldn't be shocked to see Madders and Van de Ven on the bench, and if so they are given 15 minutes to get some minutes in the tank. Would have been a great game to give Veliz a start, and hopefully Donley gets some minutes.

Vic
Porro - Royal - Davies (C) - Udogie
Bentancur
Deki - Lo Celso
Johnson - Richy - Gil

Wouldn't be shocked to see Madders and Van de Ven on the bench, and if so they are given 15 minutes to get some minutes in the tank. Would have been a great game to give Veliz a start, and hopefully Donley gets some minutes.

Vic
Porro - Royal - Davies (C) - Udogie
Bentancur
Deki - Lo Celso
Johnson - Richy - Gil

Yeah. I'd go with that too. Wish we had Lamela instead of Gil! :D

Back
Top Bottom