Burnley v Tottenham || Monday, 26 Oct @ 8pm

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I also think it's a good move to not brign Bale on. Most obvious reason being his fitness which leads him to not be able to track back as effectively as needed when we're seeing out matches up 1-0.

But also because it shows to the team we will do whatever it takes to win. I think some of his cameo at West Ham was because we were all excited to see him back.

Well, that is done, it's all about merit now and what the TEAM needs.

Great message from Jose.

Time to bathe in the melter's tears.

:mourfinger:

In truth, awful game but was never going to be easy.

I was happy with the XI but I feel Mourinho should have made a system change earlier as we really weren't creating anything while they started to look more threatening. The obvious one was Gio for Sissoko but he obviously didn't fancy him in the physical match up.

We were quite fortunate with the goal from the set piece and Kane off the line but I'll take it.

The highs:
- Lovely bit of head tennis for the goal
- Kane off the line
- Kane tackle to block the ball into the box in the last minute
- Solid defending at set pieces
- Clean sheet
- Rodon debut
- Tanguy skill in the corner
- Toby was great

The lows:
- Doherty. Another game where he has failed to impress... bit underwhelming so far.
- That attempted flick around the corner from Dier is pretty much unforgivable. Could see Mourinho going mental at him. He seems way too relaxed back there and thinks he's better than he is... Rodon is coming for you boy

Not a bad nights work.

This place cracks me up. Page after page of everyone being shite, we score a goal and the last three pages have Kane, Toby, Dier and Lamela as MOTM. We couldn’t have been that bad after all, were we? 😂
Anyone saying Dier is surely just having a laugh. Kane is understandable because he was good anyway, and I didn't see anyone calling him shite before the goal. But I agree completely about the bipolar nature of football fans.

Back
Top Bottom