Bye bye Scotty Parker?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Out of the two I would probably rather lose Livermore, having said that Parker is probably on a lot more money and may be less inclined to sit on the bench.

Yeah it will be sad to see him leave, always loved his dogged style, just a shame he had such a poor last season, I can't imagine him going anywhere other than QPR with Harry.

I like Parker, but I just dont think he fits the bill for us anymore. And I also doubt a character like him is going to be happy to be a bit part/utility player.

He isnt an AVB player at all IMO. His effort is in the wrong areas of the pitch, he slows play, he doesnt have the nuance in his game to play up the pitch - which is where he goes charging half the time.

He will see himself as a leader, captain material, he wont be looking to ease off. Back to West Ham, off to QPR? Thats probably the best thing for him IMO

I think it's time for Scotty to go. I will be sorry to see him go because he has been commited, and even on the days when he was a quite shit last season, I got the impression that he was giving 110% and I respect that.
Really though, we can't afford not to cash in on players like this when it is our last chance to get a fee, and when the alternative is to continue to pay their wages for another year and start him in maybe ten games for us next season, before letting him go for free next year.
The noises from Sandro seem good, so I don't think we have too much to worry about there (I certainly hope not), and with Paulinho and the other midfielders we have who could fill in and do an OK job, if needs be, I don't think we need to worry if Parker goes.

I hope we shift Livermore and Hudd too.

One solid season followed by a sub-par one.

Seems like it would make the most sense for Parker to go elsewhere where his type of game would be better suited. Wish him the best

He isnt an AVB player at all IMO. His effort is in the wrong areas of the pitch, he slows play, he doesnt have the nuance in his game to play up the pitch - which is where he goes charging half the time.

Totally agree with this, which makes it all the more harder for me to conveniently put any blame on him for his awful display because we certainly cannot discount the fact he did put in a shift for us, just not the right or effective way

Livermore is passable but I hope we send him out on loan and just play 2 or 3 of Dembele, Sandro, Paulinho, Holtby and Carroll in CM.

I was really critical of Parker last year but I still don't think we should get rid of him. He still gives his all out there and is a fairly good tackler. Put him as an anchorman behind Paulinho and Dembele and I think he'd do a fine job as long as he stays back and defends.

Parker is still good at hassling high up the pitch, but age has caught up with him. He's not good at pre-scanning so he isn't good at one touch football.
Too old to improve, clearly past his peak, good time to sell. lots of backup as well. not sure that includes Livermore because some of the young players are better.

Back
Top Bottom