Cameron Carter-Vickers

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Cameron Carter Vickers offers Celtic transfer bargain chance says Ramon Vega

He said: “If they can get around that £8million mark, there is no doubt they should take the player and make the signing. If they qualify for the Champions League, he is a player who needs to be there.

“Don’t forget, he isn’t old. He is quite young and, if he really performs well, he could be valued at double that amount in going back to England in four or five years.

If I look from a selfish point of view in terms of Celtic and from a manager’s thoughts, it would be, ‘I want to have a solid foundation at the back. This guy gives me that’.

“And I would pay that little bit extra dollars now because I’ll qualify for the Champions League and also that I’ll have assurance for the next few
years that this guy is going to potentially lead us.

“If you pay £8m and you keep qualifying for the Champions League, then that money is worth it.

“He has improved massively at Celtic. It has put him back into the game, he’s enjoying it again and he’s confident again.

“He has that presence, he gives security and he’s scoring as well now. That’s important as it was missing in the past.

“There is no question mark that he is a top defender for the club now and one that you simply cannot allow to be out of the team at this point.”

Carter-Vickers’ emergence as a key component in the Postecoglou set-up alongside Carl Starfelt has been pivotal in the team’s charge for honours this term.

Vega acknowledges it’s night and day from last season’s trophyless term when goals were being shipped at an alarming rate. He continued: “Last season, the defence was a shambles. It was all over the place. You look at it now and it is solid with communication.

“You can see confidence and Carter-Vickers who provides and offers that confidence. That shines through the whole team.

“It gives the midfielders the freedom to go and do their jobs and also to the wingers and the forwards to do theirs.

“The key part is your foundation. To have a solid base. Once you have that, you can really build as a team going forward.”

Celtic displayed that at Ibrox as they grabbed the win which has catapulted them to the brink of title glory.

Four wins from the last six games could be enough to get the job done and Vega outlined the outstanding work of Postecoglou both in the latest triumph and over his full reign so far.

He said: “It was a great result. I was jumping up and down. Seeing Celtic winning an Old Firm game is always a pleasure.

“I experienced it a few times and it is a fantastic experience that I cannot really describe. You just have to play in it and win it to know the feeling. It was brilliant and with Carter-Vickers scoring as well.

“All credit to the manager, he has done a brilliant job in a very short time. In the beginning, we were all saying how long is he going to stay and underestimating him.

“He went into a club with people leaving, no sporting director. He pretty much had to manage everything.

“All merit to him. He’s done a fantastic job and was very clever with the
recruitment of his players.

"He has improved massively at Celtic" is just guesswork - in the games that mattered - CL lost to Midtjylland - dropped to EL conceded 16 goals in 6 group games and then lost to Bodo/Glint.

The standard in Scotland is massively lower - if we get 10m that's a great deal for an unused player who looked like he'd be going on a free when his contract ran down.

Gold:
With Carter-Vickers having already earned himself legendary status at Celtic earlier this month by scoring the winning goal in the Old Firm Derby and named man of the match for his defensive work, he could not prevent Rangers from getting revenge in the Scottish Cup semi-final at the weekend.

The 24-year-old played the full 120 minutes and hit the crossbar with an effort before the game went to extra-time and the team in blue won the day.

Carter-Vickers earned a rating of eight from the Scottish Daily Express with the review: "Another solid performance from the centre-half, was inches away from scoring the second goal after his effort smacked the bar which could have ended the game."

Carter-Vickers' loan spell has been a huge success and Celtic are expected to take up the option to buy him, which football.london understands is around £6million up front with potential add-ons that could make it £10million in all eventually. The centre-back is also believed to be interesting a number of Premier League clubs.

The 24-year-old has four goals and one assist from his 39 games in all competitions for Celtic so far in this big campaign in his career.

(IMO CCV could have done better for Ranger's winning goal).

Southampton and Fulham are among a string of clubs interested in signing Tottenham defender Cameron Carter-Vickers this summer, 90min understands.

Carter-Vickers has spent the season on loan at Celtic, making 42 appearances in all competitions and scoring four goals. The USMNT international has earned rave reviews for his displays in this term, and is in line to secure a League Cup and Premiership double.

Carter-Vickers is set to return to Tottenham at the end of the season where he has just one year left on his contract. 90min understands that Spurs do not have plans to integrate him into the first-

Southampton and Fulham are among a string of clubs interested in signing Tottenham defender Cameron Carter-Vickers this summer, 90min understands.

Carter-Vickers has spent the season on loan at Celtic, making 42 appearances in all competitions and scoring four goals. The USMNT international has earned rave reviews for his displays in this term, and is in line to secure a League Cup and Premiership double.

Carter-Vickers is set to return to Tottenham at the end of the season where he has just one year left on his contract. 90min understands that Spurs do not have plans to integrate him into the first-

Nice.... They’ll have more money to throw around than Celtic + I'm sure CCV would relish a bash at the prem.

Any chance we could just keep him? I haven't watched him in Scotland but seems he's done well. We lack CB depth and if he's impressing wouldn't it be worth giving him a shot? It's not like the fee we'd be getting would be that significant.

Any chance we could just keep him? I haven't watched him in Scotland but seems he's done well. We lack CB depth and if he's impressing wouldn't it be worth giving him a shot? It's not like the fee we'd be getting would be that significant.

We don't lack depth at CB; we just need upgrades on the weaker players

Dav = Rodon = Tanganga......... = CCV ?

We don't lack depth at CB; we just need upgrades on the weaker players

Dav = Rodon = Tanganga......... = CCV ?

Maybe, but aren't we moving on Rodon? I think we need to upgrade LCB and otherwise should be fine with depth .. Tanganga could still do with a loan imo, he needs the development CCV has seemingly been getting.

All depends on whether CCV would accept a squad role of course..

Maybe, but aren't we moving on Rodon? I think we need to upgrade LCB and otherwise should be fine with depth .. Tanganga could still do with a loan imo, he needs the development CCV has seemingly been getting.

All depends on whether CCV would accept a squad role of course..

If we get an upgrade on Davies and relegate him to the bench we only really need 2 of the above remaining 4.... Maybe even 1 if they're good/versatile enough.

Sure CCV would be game if we promised enough game time.... Otherwise I suspect he'll see it as time to finally move on..... Age.... Final year on his contract etc.

Hmm,
Defender played for Celtic, then Southampton…. He’s could be the next van dyke…………😀
Couldn't resist it...
dick-van-dyke-mary-poppins.png

Watched a bit of the old firm derby yesterday.
Not flawless by any means but cool as ice and great passing under pressure.
Yes, same here, watched the last 15 minutes or so before going in to watch our game. He looked a bit 'chunky' to me. Funny seeing Joe Hart playing too.

Why should we "just keep him" ?
If we believe he can become good, we can push some kind of buyback clause into his contract.
Right now assuming that he would be good enough for us for heroics in Scotland seems rather far-fetched.

If we could get 10 mil for him, I totally disagree about significance of the money. In rumor mill it was said that de Vrij could be available for 15 mil. Also we brought Bentancur for 16 I think? So it seems very ignorant to make 10 mil EUR/pound to look like peanuts.

I think in CB position there will be quite a change coming in the summer.
Possibly all 3 of Rodon, Sanchez and CCV out, and taking 2 starting-quality level CBs in.

And I would take chance of having Romeo-Dier-Bastoni/Botman-de Vrij-Davies-Tanganga as roaster any day of the week. But I would not take players just to boost numbers. We need boost in quality.

Gold:

Carter-Vickers was back in Old Firm Derby action at the weekend as Celtic drew 1-1 at home against Rangers and maintained their six-point lead at the top of the Scottish Premiership.

The 24-year-old played the full 90 minutes yet again and earned himself a seven in the Scottish Daily Express player ratings with the review: "A strong performance but did have issues with Sakala, cleared up some potentially nervy moments."

Carter-Vickers' loan spell has been a big success and Celtic are expected to take up the option to buy him, which football.london understands is around £6million up front with potential add-ons that could make it £10million in all eventually. However, the centre-back has also been interesting a growing number of Premier League clubs and he could be set to have a decision to make this summer.

The 24-year-old has four goals and one assist from his 41 games in all competitions for Celtic so far in this major campaign in his career.

Postecoglou's men are champions-elect as they lead Rangers by six points and 20 goals with two games remaining.
They can make it official with at least a point away to Dundee United tonight at 7:30, while defeat will be sufficient if Rangers fail to beat Ross County.

CCV starts.

Back
Top Bottom