Cameron Carter-Vickers

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Glad things are working out for him, I too would be surprised if PL clubs like Wolves or Leicester are his level. Remember him being given a torrid time by the Wycombe Wanderers "striker". He's got a great work ethic I recall. I thought that Champo would be his level.

I never thought he was big enough to get to PL level but Scottish fitba not known for it's subtlety so maybe that's not a problem.

TransferMarkt dot com shows his current loan deal with Celtic as having an "option to buy". CCV's contract with us appears to end in June 2023.

Not sure what the option price is, or if Celtic intend to pay it, but maybe CCV would be a good stopgap 5th/6th choice RCB for us next season while/if Tanganga goes on loan? Honestly I haven't watched CCV this season but it sounds like hes having a really good year so far up there.

TransferMarkt dot com shows his current loan deal with Celtic as having an "option to buy". CCV's contract with us appears to end in June 2023.

Not sure what the option price is, or if Celtic intend to pay it, but maybe CCV would be a good stopgap 5th/6th choice RCB for us next season while/if Tanganga goes on loan? Honestly I haven't watched CCV this season but it sounds like hes having a really good year so far up there.
CCV is an excellent passer of the ball and seems to be Johny on the spot when defending.

Glad things are working out for him, I too would be surprised if PL clubs like Wolves or Leicester are his level. Remember him being given a torrid time by the Wycombe Wanderers "striker". He's got a great work ethic I recall. I thought that Champo would be his level.

I never thought he was big enough to get to PL level but Scottish fitba not known for it's subtlety so maybe that's not a problem.
Conor Coady has a year left on his contract so it wouldn’t be a big surprise if he moved in the summer. Could be a vacancy at Wolves. I wouldn’t be totally surprised if Rodon went there.

It's about 6m; I think.

I don't think he is good enough for the PL and would be worse that anyone we have already. A team playing a high press would put him in serious bother.

If you have nothing better do do today, what could be a more pleasant way of passing the afternoon than watching Celtic play the massive Ross County at 3pm?
No English games on at that time.

Can’t say I’ve watched a SPL game in……. ever.

Has CCV got considerably better this year with consistent playing time or is the SPL just a really poor quality?
Obviously, they’ve had a couple of Prem quality defenders come out of the league. How does CCV stack up?

Can’t say I’ve watched a SPL game in……. ever.

Has CCV got considerably better this year with consistent playing time or is the SPL just a really poor quality?
Obviously, they’ve had a couple of Prem quality defenders come out of the league. How does CCV stack up?
I have only seen bits of a couple of games but he plays with a cigar on up there.
$64,000 question is can he do it down here?
Maybe our Scottish posters could be more helpful?

I don't think he is good enough for the PL and would be worse that anyone we have already. A team playing a high press would put him in serious bother.
Have you watched him for Celtic much this year? I guess I'm just wondering how we know how fast or slow he is?

Better question, is he faster than Harry Maguire?

Have you watched him for Celtic much this year? I guess I'm just wondering how we know how fast or slow he is?

Better question, is he faster than Harry Maguire?
Apologies only getting back to you now. He looks pretty sluggish I would say slower from the few games I have seen.

Pay Me Kim Kardashian GIF by GQ

I love watching a often maligned youth player come good.

I hope that Celtic can work a deal for CCV and he has a long and good career up in Glasgow.

Apologies only getting back to you now. He looks pretty sluggish I would say slower from the few games I have seen.

fast enough to react before defenders and other Celtic players to score the goal. Obviously only SPL players though I appreciate

His 4th goal of the season too - suggesting getting to the ball before others is something he does on a reasonably regular basis. 4 goals is good for a CB ?

I have only seen bits of a couple of games but he plays with a cigar on up there.
$64,000 question is can he do it down here?
Maybe our Scottish posters could be more helpful?
Helpful? Ya cheeky cunt. I told youse aw Tae fucken buy McGinn nearly 7 year ago and ye fucked me clean off. I'll fucken helpful ye.

My Celtic gut feeling proves spot on and Rangers won't get any encouragement from rival dressing room – Chris Sutton​

I have to tip my hat to my hat to Ange Postecoglou as he got his big calls right on a pivotal day at Ibrox

Cameron Carter-Vickers and Carl Starfelt.

I made it crystal clear before the game at Ibrox that those two were going to have to be outstanding for Celtic to win.

Both players were every bit as good as they needed to be.

In fact, they were even better with one of them coming up with a winning goal.

Carter-Vickers and Starfelt were asked time and time again to defend their box. To cope with set plays, to match the Rangers strength in those situations.

Time and again they came up with the answers. Time and again they put a head on things. They got a block in. They hustled and harried a striker.

Back
Top Bottom