Can we still win the league?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Of course we can.

But, think 3rd is what will should be fighting for with 5games to go, unless City and Pool have significant issues and we find first 10 game results for the next 13-14 Games.

I think the fact this thread is even being made heading into February is a testament to how good we have been this season and could potentially grow to be.

8 points with 17 games to play is nothing really. All it takes is Liverpool to drop points against Chelsea and Woolwich in their next two and for us to take maximum points and by the end of next weekend we half that gap. This season has already shown anything can happen.

I don't think we will win it of course. I don't believe any Spurs fan thinks that. But the direction is upwards.
It's testament to the delusion that festers within this fanbase

Not without sarr ,son and Bissouma and I don’t see Liverpool dropping 8 points for us to catch them over the rest of the season .

Yeah I agree. They’ve lost one game, to us, and that’s it. They are very consistent and in the league this season that’s all that’s important.

We will definitely have a say in it though. Those four games in last April and early May see to that.

Yeah I agree. They’ve lost one game, to us, and that’s it. They are very consistent and in the league this season that’s all that’s important.

We will definitely have a say in it though. Those four games in last April and early May see to that.
Definitely we have a say but il take 4th

It’ll be a tough ask, this year and next. I think we aim for CL qualification now and build a team in summer that will withstand the rigours of European football, on top of the league and cups games. Definitely need a killer forward or two.

It’ll be a tough ask, this year and next. I think we aim for CL qualification now and build a team in summer that will withstand the rigours of European football, on top of the league and cups games. Definitely need a killer forward or two.
Building a team to cope with those rigours, will as you say take a while, I think the season after next.

I think 3rd is about as high as we can get. Liverpool and City too strong.

if Liverpool struggle with 4 fronts of football then maybe 2nd.

*Klopp's last game could be about a 20 min walk from my house in the Aviva Stadium.

I need more than anything them not to be there! it would be horrendous.

Ffs of course not. Look at what City did to us in our own ground. Held us at arms length with one hand, we had one shot!

It’s between them or Liverpool.

Definitely not after last night, but if we have a good window this summer we might be able to challenge next season.

You better hope they hurry up with those City sanctions.
Yeah that too. But Liverpool will drop off and Woolwich have been underwhelming this season so thats 2 teams that we can potentially catch up with or surpass.

We've improved and still aren't the finished article, if we continue on this trajectory I think we can get close. Although we'd need to get lucky and catch City on a bad season.

Ffs of course not. Look at what City did to us in our own ground. Held us at arms length with one hand, we had one shot!

It’s between them or Liverpool.
It was unusual for, the team to be so timid , since Ange came in in front of goal.
The title is and was always between city and Liverpool, everyone else, is playing for third down.

It's testament to the delusion that festers within this fanbase
we're three points off the team who everyone says will win it.

we have just got back hugely important players in VDV and Maddison with our main goal threat 10 or days away. Delusion is a harsh word.

extreme optimism, maybe.

if we finish the season strongly, who knows what will happen? to finish higher than 8th will be an improvement on last year and we are on course for that

Back
Top Bottom