Can we still win the league?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

City didn’t show me that last night tbh.

I think we will beat them at home in the league.

We played pre season shit last night. Not sure they have many more levels to go up from that.
We were clearly watching different games then. For me, it was men against boys & they were by far the better team overall & deserved the win. You say that they don’t have many more levels to go up from that but they are without Haaland, De Bryne isnt starting yet after being out for virtually the entire season to date, John Stones has been injured for a lot of the season & is just making his way back, Doku didn’t start & they have other injuries. Sure, we have injuries as well & players missing but City really are on another level to us & every other team.

City didn’t show me that last night tbh.

I think we will beat them at home in the league.

We played pre season shit last night. Not sure they have many more levels to go up from that.

I dont know what it is about our stadium but they really do have trouble putting away all the chances they create against us. So yes if that continues we can certainly beat them.

We were clearly watching different games then. For me, it was men against boys & they were by far the better team overall & deserved the win. You say that they don’t have many more levels to go up from that but they are without Haaland, De Bryne isnt starting yet after being out for virtually the entire season to date, John Stones has been injured for a lot of the season & is just making his way back, Doku didn’t start & they have other injuries. Sure, we have injuries as well & players missing but City really are on another level to us & every other team.
They were much better than us. No question.

Same time, the best chances they created were from random PEH mistakes and a cynical corner routine.

We’ve played them with Haaland and KDB before. Stones doesn’t move the needle. Haaland makes them worse as a pressing team.

We didn’t deserve to win but I think we were shitter than they were off their top level.

We've got Brentford, Everton, Brighton, Wolves and Palace in our next 5 (with 4 at home). If we've got it in us to give it a real go, 12 points from these matches will be a statement.

Agreed it’s a long shot but why not at least go for it, otherwise let’s just give up. It really annoyed me that the ITV commentator Twatterface last night was saying that that was our last chance if silverware last night. We’re literally three points behind Citeh, and they were saying that all four trophies were still up for grabs for them. It is so annoying to be written off because ‘Well, it’s Spurs’ but I just hope the team can use that as motivation.
Mate I was fuming listening to that. The guy said it like 5 times without a single qualifier of 'because it's unlikely that Spurs could win the league'... it simply didn't even cross his mind that it was even a remote possibility. Fuck off with that, we showed at the start of the season we can compete at the top with our strongest team playing - if the stars align in the second half of this season we could absolutely be competing for it.

We can, yes. We won’t though.

Better first elevens than us and better squads than us. I’d say we are on a level with the nomads on both but behind City and Liverpool on both.

Third or fourth should be our level, which is a big jump in expectation from pre season. Going the right direction, but too early to be talking title wins.

I don't think we are consistent enough through the 90 mins and game to game. We play some great stuff in moments and some not very good stuff at times too.

I think we are good enough for a top four place at the moment. Another transfer window and pre season and then we could probably have a real go.

Anything is possible, we have a bit of hope. But gun to my head, I'd have to say we won't win it this season.

Back
Top Bottom