Captaincy - 2013/14

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Who Should Be Spurs Captain - 2013/14

• Total voters
I think the idea of "club captain" and "team captain" is a nonsense.

A worthy nonsense in the case of the King, but one we should put to bed now.

Captain is captain. All in.

Who is it that shouts AWAY! any time the ball is put into our box?

Him.

Lloris. I've sat right behind the goal and him shouting instructions in that ridiculously Francophone accent cracked me up.

He'd not be a bad shout for captain, as commanding as he is of his box. I'd prefer we stick with Daws though.

Has to be Dawson. Anyone saying otherwise is a traitor and a scoundrel.
Being captain involves a lot more than wearing an arm band.
It's also about being an ambassador, something that should be earnt. Vert was great but one season isn't enough. You have to put the work In. Show some loyalty. No one has done that more than daws.

And I like Lennon as second. Usually starts, seems to be quite mature these days, part of the furniture. Spursy.

Dawson as club captain no doubt and captain when on the field. This guy has everything you want in a captain. When he's not in I gotta say Hugo. Captain of the French team at 25, commanding his box, he's shown he can be a leader. Super Jan third for me. Don't think he has to be argued.

Back
Top Bottom