Cardiff v Spurs

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Oh come on. We were very comfortable in the second half today and in complete control. Staggeringly complacent? At 3-0? You’re having a mare.
Strolled through that second half, saving energy for bigger tests to come. I thought it was professional & whilst I’d loved to have seen us smash another 3 past them, I wouldn’t have wanted it at the risk of anyone getting injured or burning out. It was what we sometimes question Poch for- in game management.

Strolled through that second half, saving energy for bigger tests to come. I thought it was professional & whilst I’d loved to have seen us smash another 3 past them, I wouldn’t have wanted it at the risk of anyone getting injured or burning out. It was what we sometimes question Poch for- in game management.
Indeed. I was getting frustrated like an angry toddler at one point. Then I remembered the bigger picture, how spoilt we are by this current team, and what I’d have given in the 90s for away performances like we’re seeing now.

Indeed. I was getting frustrated like an angry toddler at one point. Then I remembered the bigger picture, how spoilt we are by this current team, and what I’d have given in the 90s for away performances like we’re seeing now.
I watched it on telly. I don’t think the frustrations bubble up the same way when you aren’t “there”.
I simply thought how easy we made it look.
Had I been a Cardiff fan however, I’d probably have felt very fucking angry at their absolute lack of any ability to hurt us coming off the back of that shitshow against wolves.

For those twats still undecided on the Spurs limp second half performance against Wolves, here's a really good book available on Amazon
The link is:

asksomemotherfuckerwhogivesadamn.com

images

Kane is much more than your Llorente front man though.
He does a lot of work deep and wide. Provides killer passses and chances.
Take him off it’s not only a goals your missing.
For instance, Kane could supply a deep killer pass for Llorente over 10-15 yards, but not vice Versa

He was involved in all three goals, Llorente hasn't even been involved in three games this season.

I don't get Warnock's point about stadia.

We've done fairly well at Wembley. If anything, a move mid season will be disruptive. I know we chose not to compete for the title while being based at Wembley, but we're still a top side there.
He's just using our stadium situation to cover up from his own ineptitude as a manager, the fact he's managed 15 separate clubs (almost all lower league) in a 39 year managerial career says it all about him, he's just another one of the Pardew/Allardyce/Hughes mold of merry-go-round bosses who bounce around club after club achieving little.

We barely came out of neutral today and still rolled over his pathetic side.

I don't get Warnock's point about stadia.

We've done fairly well at Wembley. If anything, a move mid season will be disruptive. I know we chose not to compete for the title while being based at Wembley, but we're still a top side there.

You're not supposed to get it.

For some reason the outside perception is that we have gained an advantage when we haven't. The theory is if we move again we will be upset again and could lose more points against sides around Cardiff in the table who didn't have to play at Wembley, despite us clearly losing to promoted side Wolves the game before on a boggy pitch with shit atmosphere.

Needless to say the inside perception is the complete opposite, or at the very least indifferent, and any rational person sees this. They are weirdly clutching at straws where there aren't any as most bottom teams do. Not a good sign.

As for Warnock in general, he said we weren't a title challenging side before the game, then that we should be forced to play at Wembley after getting dicked 0-3 at home.

Basically the press ask him for opinions on others because they know he is the only manager stupid enough to think it is the right thing to give an obscure degrading opinion about better teams.

All of this coming after he said Poch should go to United and that there is no loyalty in football.

All in all a lovely gentleman who definitely knows more than Poch, who has stayed in the top 3 for three years.

I get if he is asked a question he has a right to answer. But most are media trained not to just spout random bullshit and break rank. Basically Holloway but without the humour, or Harry without the charm.

Relieved to wake up and see we won.
Sonny and Eriksen's goals were beauties.
:ledleylick:

I myself around 60 mins (0230) succumbed to the fatigue.
Although maybe it was complacency, a lack of respect for my hangover, hard to say.

:ossie:

Personally I think the our pace was fine and understandable but we didn’t risk anything further by putting the ball in the net when through on goal on 3 or 4 occasions in the second half.

Son, Dele, Kane and Sissoko all missed very straightforward chances that could have seen us win 6 or 7-0, and given the travelling fans their New Years party.

Not complaining but missing sitters isn’t risk assemement

Well that’s the crux for me......words matter

If someone has a stiff neck, I don’t say he broke his neck.
Fair enough. Fatigue can take many forms though. It’s not just physical. It can be lacking mental sharpness. Harry has got two little kids. Maybe he’s had a few rough nights? Maybe he’s been worried about something that’s playing on his mind? Same goes for others who have off days, Poch included. We just don’t know. The one thing I firmly believe is that class is permanent & we have plenty of that. I can live with the odd blip like wolves because this team is capable of murdering teams like Madrid. Swings n roundabouts. But the best Spurs team I’ve ever had the privilege of watching in my lifetime.

Back
Top Bottom