Carlos Vinicius

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Is it only me thinking that, if the assist happened in PL for us, those anti Spurs refs would have disallowed the goal, and might have even sent him off citing dangerous stud up challenge on the GK?

Also, his first goal is kinda funny. He clumsily stumbled and missed the cross, which played in his favor since he was in offside position. The scored from the rebound. Guess it's one of the those games where luck is on your side, and when you play like shite, it still falls into place for you.

Is it only me thinking that, if the assist happened in PL for us, those anti Spurs refs would have disallowed the goal, and might have even sent him off citing dangerous stud up challenge on the GK?

Also, his first goal is kinda funny. He clumsily stumbled and missed the cross, which played in his favor since he was in offside position. The scored from the rebound. Guess it's one of the those games where luck is on your side, and when you play like shite, it still falls into place for you.
Second goal was pretty good by his standards though...

Also, does this guy have no understanding of the offside rule? Not only his first goal had he touched the initial cross (which he was trying to!) it would have been disallowed, but PSV's first, had he got a touch on the ball (which he was trying to!) he was a bloody mile offside.

Probably the worst MoM performance you could see, an assist due to an extremely poor touch where he completely fluffed a 2 yard tap in, and then the 2 inconsequential goals in a 5-2 victory.

Another one in a long line of bad strikers we've bought

When was the last time the club actually bought a decent stiker? 10 years ago?

Another one in a long line of bad strikers we've bought

Bit late to the part aren't you? We didn't buy him and he's no longer here anyway.

When was the last time the club actually bought a decent stiker? 10 years ago?

Does getting one for free count? :kanehand:

Llorente was alright; just under-played.

TBH, buying dud STs is an occupational hazard for most clubs..... It's why top class ones remain so sought after.

Chavs: Morata, Werner, Batshuai
Liverpool: Carrol, Benteke, Lambert, Sturridge (sick-note), Balotelli
City: Boney, Jesus (good for a few goals here and there, but far from the Aguero replacement he was intended to be)
United: Lukaku, Martial
Everton: Plenty
WHam: Plenty
etc.

I’ll never understand this one. PSV finally giving him some starts and he’s got 2 goals and 3 assists in his first three starts. They’ve got him on a two year loan with an option and surely his wages are minimal. And he seemed to love being at Tottenham.

No idea why we didn’t bring him back up those circumstances. He scored goals and had assists in Europa and cup competitions, surely he could be doing that again for us this season instead of just not having a back up striker. It’s not like we couldn’t easily bin him off if Levy ever did find some ambition and bought Vlahovic, Martinez, or whoever.

I always thought he was half decent, just never got a real chance for whatever reason. Showed a lot more than Soldado or Janssen ever did. And once again, we literally have no backup striker of drinking age.

Scored twice and was MOTM against Twente last Saturday 👌

I’ll never understand this one. PSV finally giving him some starts and he’s got 2 goals and 3 assists in his first three starts. They’ve got him on a two year loan with an option and surely his wages are minimal. And he seemed to love being at Tottenham.

No idea why we didn’t bring him back up those circumstances. He scored goals and had assists in Europa and cup competitions, surely he could be doing that again for us this season instead of just not having a back up striker. It’s not like we couldn’t easily bin him off if Levy ever did find some ambition and bought Vlahovic, Martinez, or whoever.

I always thought he was half decent, just never got a real chance for whatever reason. Showed a lot more than Soldado or Janssen ever did. And once again, we literally have no backup striker of drinking age.
Why does none of this surprise me...?
Anyone we keep, just looks shit, but as soon as we let them go, they start proving us wrong for letting them go.

I reckon if we sold Winks and Dele, they'd be straight back in the England squad for Qatar....

Why does none of this surprise me...?
Anyone we keep, just looks shit, but as soon as we let them go, they start proving us wrong for letting them go.

I reckon if we sold Winks and Dele, they'd be straight back in the England squad for Qatar....
Maybe I’m crazy, but I never even thought Vinicius was bad! He generally scored against dross and those were the only chances Mourinho gave him.

I was always impressed by his buildup play too. Never understood why we didn’t give him more of a chance. Mourinho always said he could play with Kane but never tried it.

Better than nothing.

Coulda done a job in the ropey conference and early rounds of the cups.... Just like last year.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom