Celtic appreciation post

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sunderland knocked back Ange, their CEO asked who the fuck is that guy? He's an Aussie who knows nothing about football

Celtic then gave him a shot, plucked him from obscurity in Japan. He then wins 6 out of 7 trophies playing oppressive sexy football. Spurs try to get Slott who is a lesser coach than Ten Haag

Spurs then turn to Ange, let's face it, no Spurs fans wanted him. I told you all just how good he was

After the best start in Spurs history, people are starting to see my view.

I said from day one, trust the process

ARE YOU NOW ENTERTAINED?

You may have come here with good intentions mate, but you need to read the room.

We have had some good banter and dialogue with Celtic fans, and all, but can you see how you have made a broad assumption about " no Spurs fan wanting him ". Some of us live in Australia and I have also lived in Japan when he took Yokohama to victory.

Ange's record breaking run with the Brisbane Roar was also talk of the town down under.

Like any fan base, there will be those who knew little of him, and I would suggest the same applied when he took over Celtic.

After the debacles post the Poch era, you can understand an element of the fan base being sceptical.

Anyway, so far he has proven to be a breath of fresh air. Honest in his pressers, and having us playing on the front foot. Long may it continue.

You may have come here with good intentions mate, but you need to read the room.

We have had some good banter and dialogue with Celtic fans, and all, but can you see how you have made a broad assumption about " no Spurs fan wanting him ". Some of us live in Australia and I have also lived in Japan when he took Yokohama to victory.

Ange's record breaking run with the Brisbane Roar was also talk of the town down under.

Like any fan base, there will be those who knew little of him, and I would suggest the same applied when he took over Celtic.

After the debacles post the Poch era, you can understand an element of the fan base being sceptical.

Anyway, so far he has proven to be a breath of fresh air. Honest in his pressers, and having us playing on the front foot. Long may it continue.
I'm not trying to be an ass bud, it's more frustration. Ange could have stayed at Celtic for another two years and as excellent a coach he is people would still doubt him because it was only Scotland. The Aussies were spot on about him, they knew he was a top coach so it must have been frustrating for them too, knowing they had a world class manager that didn't get the credit he deserved because let's face it he was Australian and not a fancy named European coach

I'm delighted with Ange so far. I would have liked a better team fielded for the Carabao Cup but I love the football we're playing and the results we're getting in the league.

I didn't have any particular preference for the next manager. I just knew I didn't want Conte and that I wanted a manager who played attacking football and would fix the chronic motivation problems within the squad. Ange seems to have ticked those boxes within only a handful of games.

There was plenty of derision or bafflement on fan forums: Ange Postecoglou
There was questions asked yes, but no number of people were truly against it. You have to remember also, before Celtic at club level he had only managed in Australia and Japan. Celtic fans welcomed him with open arms

Imagine if not only Spurs appointed him with his CV, if any club in the top 10 in England in did their would have been a revolt . There would have been riots. He lost 3 if his first 5 games at Celtic and we still backed him. It's a total myth that Celtic fans didn't want him, we had questions yes as nobody had ever heard of him but he had tremendous support from day one. Ange talks about the support from the fans, we took him as one of our own

The man said it himself..

View: https://youtube.com/shorts/3z2npAwawBU?si=HK4wY5VHSCM7fTBQ

Sunderland knocked back Ange, their CEO asked who the fuck is that guy? He's an Aussie who knows nothing about football

Celtic then gave him a shot, plucked him from obscurity in Japan. He then wins 6 out of 7 trophies playing oppressive sexy football. Spurs try to get Slott who is a lesser coach than Ten Haag

Spurs then turn to Ange, let's face it, no Spurs fans wanted him. I told you all just how good he was

After the best start in Spurs history, people are starting to see my view.

I said from day one, trust the process

ARE YOU NOW ENTERTAINED?
Well done you.
However, he has already failed to produce the best start in Spurs or indeed English footballs history - which still stands at 11 straight wins from match 1.

Well done you.
However, he has already failed to produce the best start in Spurs or indeed English footballs history - which still stands at 11 straight wins from match 1.
Heard it on Talk Sport 😂 according to them it was Spurs best start in the PL era

There was questions asked yes, but no number of people were truly against it. You have to remember also, before Celtic at club level he had only managed in Australia and Japan. Celtic fans welcomed him with open arms

Imagine if not only Spurs appointed him with his CV, if any club in the top 10 in England in did their would have been a revolt . There would have been riots. He lost 3 if his first 5 games at Celtic and we still backed him. It's a total myth that Celtic fans didn't want him, we had questions yes as nobody had ever heard of him but he had tremendous support from day one. Ange talks about the support from the fans, we took him as one of our own

The man said it himself..

View: https://youtube.com/shorts/3z2npAwawBU?si=HK4wY5VHSCM7fTBQ

Well he would say that but I was reading the fan forums when he started and in those difficult first few months and half of them didn’t have their ‘collective arms’ around him. But he won them over and it’s the same pattern that’s being repeated at Spurs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom