Champions League - Wembley "1882 section"?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I've definitely lost my mind, cause I'm clearing out a sizable chunk of my savings to make all three matches. Fly out of LA on Tuesday, arrive in London midday on Wednesday. Grab a bite to eat and make our way over to Wembley. Drink a copious amount, watch Spurs from the peak of Everest, hope we win. Hope even more that I remember the match after drinking that much. Fly back on Thursday. Rinse and repeat for the next match.

And you'll be next to the Monaco firm, tasty.
You joke but the French have some violent factions. Here's two firms squaring up against each other a couple of years ago (spoilered for graphic content)

article-2681845-1F6964DB00000578-11_634x379.jpg

Can't wait for BL.

If anyone cares this was my last trip in a nutshell: Left San Diego around 7 AM on Tuesday. Didn't sleep a wink on the plane. Arrived at Gatwick at around 11 AM on Weds, got to my friend's flat by around 1. Drank beers & ate some food at his place. Eventually made our way to Allsop Arms in Marylebone. Got to Wembley way earlier than needed and by the time the match kicked off we had completely sobered up (good chunk of my friend's are in Club Wembley, so they were texting me pics of beer before kickoff). Took an hour and a half to get back to central London and after being awake for 40+ hours probably slept for about 11 hours.

Rinse and repeat here in about a month I suppose.

You just know even though they've made it clear this is the singing end some gormless cunt will turn up telling everyone to sit down or not swear in front of his kids or wife, despite having literally the rest of the stadium to choose from. They should put a massive warning when you're buying these seats. same in the new ground too.

Got me thinking, we could break the record for the highest ever attendance in the history of English football for a home attendance.
Rank Club Attendance Stadium Opposition Competition Date Ref
1 Manchester City 84,467 @ Maine Road vs Stoke City FA Cup sixth round 3 March 1934
2 Manchester United 83,260 @ Maine Road vs Woolwich First Division 17 January 1948
3 Chelsea 82,905 @ Stamford Bridge vs Woolwich First Division 12 October 1935
4 Everton 78,299 @ Goodison Park vs Liverpool First Division 18 September 1948
5 Aston Villa 76,588 @ Villa Park vs Derby County FA Cup sixth round, first leg 2 March 1946
6 Sunderland 75,118 @ Roker Park vs Derby County FA Cup sixth round replay 8 March 1933
7 Tottenham Hotspur 75,038 @ White Hart Lane vs Sunderland FA Cup sixth round 5 March 1938
8 Charlton Athletic 75,031 @ The Valley vs Aston Villa FA Cup fifth round 12 February 1938
9 Woolwich 73,707 @ Wembley vs RC Lens Champions League group stage 25 November 1998
10 Sheffield Wednesday 72,841 @ Hillsborough Stadium vs Manchester City FA Cup fifth round 17 February 1934

Would love it if we do... but considering the pricing I think even if we do sell out there'll be plenty of people who only actually bother to turn up for 2 or even 1 of the games. The team in pot 4 could potentially be someone like Besiktas, APOEL, Legia Warsaw, Viktoria Plzen...
Just accept the fact we're a massive fucking club with a massive fuck off fan base. If this was Chelsea for instance they'd be advertising throughout the media to try and half fill the place.

If we want to make a statement about our intentions in the CL this needs to a time to fill Wembley with real Spurs fans and make some noise, I really hope the club haven't Fxxked up on this.
I'm sure we'll sell out... or close to it.
And to be fair, if it turns out there ARE a coupla thousand Yids who DO wanna sing, but who are dotted around the upper tier then maybe it's no bad thing, as the atmosphere, or attempts to get atmosphere going RIGHT around the ground might he aided by 'those in the mix'...

I accept my challenge with due diligence!

Fill your boots. 2 minutes ago.

I've got the multi game pack but that is incredibly irritating to see those prime blocks behind the goal suddenly become available late on. 'UEFA Confirmation' bullshit - it's the second group game, how could it differ from the first. Have they suddenly become aware of 1,300 people on their guestlist who now can't make it? - In those parts of the stadium?! Bollocks.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom