Chelscum v Newcastle

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

What exactly do we want to happen here? I've been weighing up the possible scenarios / permutations but I'm still not clear.

This much is certain, I definitely don't want a Chelscum win. But is the obvious draw answer really preferable to a Newcastle victory given the Geordies tough fixtures? But then again, if we fuck up tomorrow do we really want the Geordies 3 points ahead of us? or even Chelscum and Newcastle above us if they draw?

Need help. All the imponderables are doing my head in.

think Citeh would want a chelsea win- if Newcastle won then would make their trip up to Newcastle a little bit of a test.

think we would want a draw- as cannot see us turning over Bolton- our record there is a bit pants really save for occasional cup game.

Newcastle win, then lose to City would be the best outcome if we win atleast one more game.

Definitely a draw.

I want them both off our backs, not just one of them. If they draw and we win, we'll be 3 ahead of Chelsea and 2 ahead of Newcastle.

Chelsea then have Liverpool at Anfield and Newcastle have City. I'd expect at least one if not both of them to drop points there.

Saying that, I'm more worried about Chelsea than Newcastle, so if I had to choose a winner, I'd go with Newcastle.

YidoBuckler said:
Who cares?

If we win 3 games thats all that matters.

Admire your confidence but fact is we may well need a result or two to go our way so the implications of this game could be very, very important.

Newcastle. The more pressure we both put on Woolwich the better before the weekend.

Anyway, Bolton v Spurs is the only game I could give a rat's right testicle about...

Sean said:
Newcastle win, then lose to City would be the best outcome if we win atleast one more game.

And if Chelsea lose to Liverpool, and Newcastle lose to Everton, we'll only need 1 more win, but I want all 3 because Fuck Woolwich

I'd say a draw - if not a Newcastle win, simply 'cos they've got Man City to come... Chelsea don't!

Looking at their next 2 games, I'd say tomorrow night is Chelsea's 'chance' to drop some points, and depending on how the Cup final goes, that could well be both Liverpool's and Chelsea's under-11's playing in the league game immediately after... especially if tonight's Liverpool line-up against Fulham is anything to go by!

fucking hell this is 'orrible... we should've been long past worrying about Chelsea/Newcastle & who will get faakin' 4th, in fact it wasn't that long ago that we'd have been working out the permutations and repercussions that LAST night's Manchester derby now had for us finishing 2nd!!!!

Newcastle have to play Man city (H) and Everton (A), I see them losing both games.

So if they beat Chelsea, and we lose / draw to Bolton we will be behind them on points, BUT still ahead of Chelsea. SO when Newcastle lose to Man city, and we win against Aston villa, we'll be ahead of Newcastle, and chelsea. THEN Newcastle will lose to everton and won't get CL, chelsea will lose to Liverpool and won't get CL, and Woolwich will probably beat Norwich and West brom. Which would mean we get 4th spot after we beat Fulham too.

Very simple - Newcastle win is best, we could still lose a match and be confident of catching them. If Chelsea win then we simply have to win all of our games (and bank on Bayern winning or Woolwich losing)

LLB Part Deux said:
Very simple - Newcastle win is best, we could still lose a match and be confident of catching them. If Chelsea win then we simply have to win all of our games (and bank on Bayern winning or Woolwich losing)
Be confident of catching them?

You can't be confident of catching ANYONE at this point in the season, especially in our rich vein of form.

Anything other than a draw is a blow to Spurs.

They've got City at home and Everton away. If they don't lose 1 of those games then I'll eat my hat (made of of cake, just in case).

I know Chelsea could slip up at Liverpool, but I wouldn't put money (or my cake hat) on it.

Draw would be the 2nd best option for me.

untitled-8zjkh2.gif

Back
Top Bottom