Chelsea (league cup semi final)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If you think he's going without pochettino's approval, you're a fucking idiot. So I assume you think he's got his head up his arse too?

Thank you for that.

I think however that if Pochettino is letting any of our 4 central midfielders go at present (without replacement) then maybe he should be equally adorned with your eloquent adjective.

Voted

And he’s right. So what we won, it was a farce. The lino flagged after ten seconds probably due to Var in his ear in the first place.......then they overrule him after the game stops.

They showed the still image, and I saw in two seconds he was onside, so why does it take 5 pro refs three minutes?
He was offside, the law is basically any part of the body with which you can legally play the ball.(it should be where the feet are, but it ain't). The issue is, linesman are told to flag. Which means either the attacker, or the defense, or both, may stop playing, and it turns out the player is on. I know we are supposed to play to the whistle, but it just means complaints .just different ones to before.

He was offside, the law is basically any part of the body with which you can legally play the ball.(it should be where the feet are, but it ain't). The issue is, linesman are told to flag. Which means either the attacker, or the defense, or both, may stop playing, and it turns out the player is on. I know we are supposed to play to the whistle, but it just means complaints .just different ones to before.

Well if it’s the body then VAR is even more shit

Thank you for that.

I think however that if Pochettino is letting any of our 4 central midfielders go at present (without replacement) then maybe he should be equally adorned with your eloquent adjective.
4?
Sissoko, winks,wanyama,dier,dembele,Skipp( who is getting starts and appearance so must be counted), Alli. More than 4.

Well if it’s the body then VAR is even more shit
Yup. I'm anti var. It's an agenda that's been driven by sky ( screaming aboutanothing decisionsd being controversial) , coupled a few managers who refuse to accept they could have fucked up, instead blaming all defeats on some spurious decision which 9 times out of 10 was right anyway

Agree you know not a thing nothing zilch zero nil
Shots fired!

ConcernedCompleteConch-size_restricted.gif

Last edited:

His shoulder 'may' have been offside. Can you legally score with your shoulder? Genuine question, not trying to be argumentative.

I got annoyed with Winks tonight. He kept recycling it back I nto the defence when Chelsea were in full press and he had options forward that would have taken pressure off. There’s sticking to the plan and then there’s using your brain.

Sissoko deserves a lot of credit for attempting to break the press. Whilst he might have been guilty of losing possession he did so after gaining a lot of yards and giving the back line a break... pretty much the only player that managed it apart from Toby hitting a few long balls in the first half.

There wasn’t any real pressing until Poch had a word in Dele’s ear second half and he dropped back and went hunting, so credit for that. He would have had a poor game otherwise. We were content to be on our heels most of the game and fall back to our box. Watching Alonso swallow yards uncontested over and over wasn’t very pleasant to watch.

I know it was the game plan but I thought we rode our luck tonight. Defence were all great, Gazza saved us but midfield was poor and that was Eriksen’s worst performance for a while. If you’re going to play for the counter then you need to, you know, counter.

Despite all that we have the lead going into the second leg so what the fuck do I know?

:eriksenlol:
With Winks it was deliberate, the whole team played the ball backwards, we did this to try to draw Chelsea onto us, the aim to create space up top, gaps for us to play the ball through to (as we did in the league game against them) which we didn't really find, thought Chelsea did well in this respect, as they too kept a good shape and worked hard and in numbers when without the ball. So bit harsh to be annoyed with Winks for executing the plan.

Agree on Eriksen, I think he was the one we were looking to find in those pockets and then get the counter going, he didn't.

I don't think we rode our luck, their best opportunity IMO was in the 2nd half at the back post when Christiansen was unmarked and he fluffed his lines with a woeful shot, this opportunity was worked well by them and was the only time they exposed us from memory. When they hit the bar that came from a deflected cross (ergo lucky) and Kanta's nick off the post was a half chance, nothing more than that. They had one well hit shot on target from outside the box but didn't trouble Gazza much.

Back
Top Bottom