Chelsea v Tottenham Hotspur (A) Sat., 22.2.2020 (12:30)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I believe Mourinho must start from scratch. Teach them how to trap and pass a ball. We are failing with the basics. Its as if the ball is a hot potato. For people who get payed such alot to playing with a ball, they do it pretty lousily.

We can turn this around. They are far from invincible as we have already had a series of good chances. Just need to step up the effort since a fair few players look distracted.

I'd say we were better than against Leipzig. It doesn't mean much since I'm not happy with the performance anyway, but we should be able to create more chances against them. I'm not giving up hope.

Quite liked our first 10mins, we played high up the pitch and won the ball off them high up the pitch too. With Bergwijn ahead of Lucas meant Bergwijn was bringing Lucas into play.

Then they scored and we’ve been largely outplayed since.

Ndombele is miles off the pace and simply has to come off, I love his on the ball ability but he simply isn’t getting on the ball and is being beaten to the ball by a quicker Chelsea midfield.

Tanganga has a torrid first 20mins but looks to have played himself back in.

Had we not played in CL midweek I’d be wanting us to respond by upping the tempo, I just can’t see us doing that.

You really think he'd be better forward? He can't make a final pass to save his life.

What he does is retain and recycle the ball - playing the ball to the man who makes the final pass. A poor man's Modric if you will. Ok, a broke man's Modric. Point was that Winks doesn't fit well into a counter attacking side.

Well that was a shower of shit. Brought bullets but no gun(or whatever that analogy was). I think we have a goal in this but from a set piece or corner is our best option. Llorente would be nice to have at the moment

15 millions quid a year

FrenchEveryEmu-size_restricted.gif

Dele and Lamela NEED to come on.

Lamela simply because he can actually keep hold of the ball and Dele because he seems to do well as an impact sub

How can that be true when he bossed Spain in Spain?

He had a good game.

I’d be thrilled if he had another.

I like him, he runs his heart out and he’s being played out of position. His defensive approach is like ‘Scholes on ice’. Not his fault.

Let’s give Skipp a chance.

What he does is retain and recycle the ball - playing the ball to the man who makes the final pass. A poor man's Modric if you will. Ok, a broke man's Modric. Point was that Winks doesn't fit well into a counter attacking side.
Modric had incredible playmaking ability. Winks has literally no creativity. The difference is huge, Dembele is comparable to Modric in terms of effect on the game, Winks is just a body.

Ndombele doesn't want to play for us anymore, he's so fyckinh fragile, as much as he's talented, the asking of time he's lying down over small touches is fucking shit.

Who sold dembele what a moron, all the players knows he's the best player that ever come to spurs, he can't shoot but all the other attributes outshines everything

Hard to play a low block / defensive setup when Toby and Jan are finished. Our problems are in attack, but our weakest positions are at the back right now. Even with 5 man across the back we concede shooting opportunities to less than killer balls.

Need to change formation / personnel second half to reinvigorate us.

I actually think we've played ok, better than Wednesday for sure.

Other than their goal Hugo's only had to make one save. At the other end we've 2-3 decent looks.

Considering our circumstances we've done well.

He had a good game.

I’d be thrilled if he had another.

I like him, he runs his heart out and he’s being played out of position. His defensive approach is like ‘Scholes on ice’. Not his fault.

Let’s give Skipp a chance.

I agree with giving Skipp a chance.

Mourinho doesn't.

Back
Top Bottom