Chicago Fire Friendly

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Lovely group photo with Levy...
BthIQ1oCcAAn5Tl.jpg

Wow what a night that was

Met InTheCity InTheCity and ILSpur ILSpur two great fellas amongst the truly magnificent spurs support, loudest on tour so far, we also filled most of the rest of the stadium too, every Yid I have met from Boston to Carolina this weekend has impressed me, makes you proud to be spurs, the numbers keep going up even since Bale and Dempsey left, JDK JDK where were you sat?

As for the game, not amazing but what I can glean from the training session and the game is that Poch has his formation and keeps mixing up the personnel at this stage so going to take time, with 8 or 9 to come back he has a job on his hands, we HAVE to be patient you can tell he is no mug

Eriksen was quiet, but was at training too, Lennon a moody bastard whenever we saw him at 26 he needs to know this is his chance, Daws still has a role to play, Lamela class is coming, and thank god for Ben Davies

The future looks much better

how do the teams we've played compare to LA Galaxy? I know friendlies mean shit, but ManU rinsing them 7-0 looks quite impressive

Galaxy have been uninspiring this year to say the least....they made a HUGE mistake (albiet from the direction of MLS brass) in trading Mike Magee to Chicago. They are an aging squad with a few standout youngsters/ Omar (who i believe is injured). They will need an overall in the offseason. Not surprised at all by the blowout- Bruce Arena doesn't take these internationally friendlies seriously...or that friendly cup thing last summer...it was embarrassing (you dont put your academy squad up against Real Madrid...thats not good for the kids...o the horror)

Toronto is a decent team with only two standout players in Defoe and Bradley whereas Chicago only has Magee and a good keeper in Sean Johnson. Seattle is the only "real team" that we played in the tour...at their home stadium i would rate them on par with promotion teams in the Championship/bottom half of the premier.

As far as MLS goes, the West typically has the superior teams...at least this year with New England seemingly unable to remember how to win games.

Observations from in the stadium (blatant).

Lamela is on another level. So silky on the ball absolutely bossing it. This is the player we thought we were getting.

Holtby and Townsend both work so hard. I just wish they were... Better. Holtby had a great nick for the goal but he's been wasteful since.

Walker is on my side and he's really out of shape presumably from his injury. Not getting forward like he normally does and lots of hands on hips.

Really impressive with Veljkovic, has such nice touch. Not sure he'll stick at CB but he could be a great midfield as well. Looks a natural.

Mason and Capoue very solid in the center.

Has this game started yet? The coverage on the spurs website is just recycling commentators practicing how to say Pochetino
Maybe they should have been practising how to say Capoue instead...I kept wondering who the fuck this Capo guy was, thought it was some Mafia guy in the crowd...

Ok here is some ITK news from training yesterday
  • D'Agostino is like Pochs twin, they move and think the same, Poch sits back and watches while he takes team. Freund seemed marginalized
  • Dawson still has a role to play, the attempted game situations and after Poch would talk to the team with feedback, Dawson joined in with this and the two of them had a tactical chat alone after
  • Carroll and Fryers either have knocks or are naughty boys they didn't train with others
  • All emphasis on first touch and pressing in every drill they did
  • Eriksen has definitely had a hair weave
They should cane Chicago today worst team they have faced

Only read the last two pages and from the tone thought we must have got stuffed - only to see that we actually won 2-0!!! Come along chaps, after all it was only a pre-season, in humid conditions, and our WC players are still absent. As long as we don't pick up any injuries, I would say that that it was a reasonably successful tour.

Wow what a night that was

Met InTheCity InTheCity and ILSpur ILSpur two great fellas amongst the truly magnificent spurs support, loudest on tour so far, we also filled most of the rest of the stadium too, every Yid I have met from Boston to Carolina this weekend has impressed me, makes you proud to be spurs, the numbers keep going up even since Bale and Dempsey left, JDK JDK where were you sat?

As for the game, not amazing but what I can glean from the training session and the game is that Poch has his formation and keeps mixing up the personnel at this stage so going to take time, with 8 or 9 to come back he has a job on his hands, we HAVE to be patient you can tell he is no mug

Eriksen was quiet, but was at training too, Lennon a moody bastard whenever we saw him at 26 he needs to know this is his chance, Daws still has a role to play, Lamela class is coming, and thank god for Ben Davies

The future looks much better
Absolute pleasure, Mensa Mensa and ILSpur ILSpur

The support was absolutely mental last night. I just hope that showed through on the TV. I have absolutely no voice this morning and I wouldn't have it any other way. This was my first time hanging with other spurs supporters outside of Nashville and I met Spurs from all over the US and from Germany, Malaysia, Mexico, Scotland, and England. Not a single asshole in the bunch. Class bunch we've got here...with the exception of a few of you assholes on here ;)

And the quality of play was indeed not the best, but I look at these friendlies as a chance to build up match fitness and for the manager and coaches to learn some things about the squad. I'm not too worried about what I saw.

Back
Top Bottom