Chief Football Officer Scott Munn

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

munn.png

Thought he did well today :adesalute:

I just don’t care.

It’s so tedious. I get enough of this cobblers at work; new ‘international’ appointments dropped into the most senior positions, with their impeccable CVs and vacuous sound bites.

I don’t give a flying fuck about our international football operations.

I want 2 CBs, 2 midfielders, a 10 and a new striker.

Plus a goalie.

Gonna copy my post from the other thread, sue me

To be clear he is absolutely not a football person full stop, he's a business-side person with a business-side resume, making this title a little weird. It's more like a second attempt at the Trevor Birch appointment, remember that?

The good news is that Levy is not a moron, it's clear he understands an operation at Spurs' current scale can't be a three man leadership show of a manager, a head of recruitment, and Levy himself like it's still 2004. You need management and lines of authority. Having the actual football operations of the men's and women's teams do their operational day-to-day reporting to someone who isn't Levy is a sensible step even if entirely meaningless in terms of Levy's power and control.

What would be even better news is if this is someone willing and able to speak publicly about the club and its operations and plans. Because, like, Jesus H. Christ look at that announcement. Can we get a picture of Scott Munn? A quote? Literally any explanation about what the job is at all?

Don't be disappointed if this guy is just a PR lackey. PR lackeys is actually one of the most critically deficient areas at the club. I don't see much in the way of public communication at his previous posts though, I guess we'll see.

It's also quite funny and revealing that amidst all the tumult over Paratici, there was not the slightest whiff of this from any supposed club insiders in the journalism community. Remember that next time someone claims they know what's going on inside Lillywhite House.

Who the fuck is Scott Munn?

Whoever he is, I welcome the insight from Levy and the Board that a top of the line sporting organisation is needed at this level, and that the current board isn't it.
What footballing departments? All I’ve seen lately is NFL games, Beyoncé concerts, cheese tastings and 90 minute torture sessions.

For those who are so excited to know who this guy is

Scott_Munn_Head_Shot.png

And here he is clocking in for his first day working for Chairman Levy

giphy.gif

Got to impress on the first day, like

Levy has found Scott Mann to be the new Director of Football Operations. His first task will be to find a new Director of Football to take over from Paratici. The new Director of Football will then be tasked with finding a new manager. The new manager will then identify new players to the new Director of Football. The new Director of Football will then pass on the recommendations to the new Director of Football Operations. The new Director of Football Operations will then discuss the names of the new manager’s requested players with the members of the Spurs Board. The Spurs Board will then discuss these with the old club Chairman ( Levy) who will reject these names and choose players who he considers financially more suitable. The team will play poorly for six months and the new manager will be sacked and Mason will be appointed as interim whilst the new Director of Football will , upon the request of the new Director of Football Operations and the old Chairman of the Board search foe a new manager to replace the old interim manager.

:levystare:So, what is your vision for the Club, Mr Munn?

RWNL5FV.png
Well, initially my main priority will be a SpursWorld in Sol (to include several clothing sweatshops), followed by another in Beijing, the rebranding of Sydney FC to Sydney Spurs who will then play in dark blue & white. Subtle changes to the kit to be introduced monthly, to increase sales. A new 5-a-side franchise to be developed in London, then across the world.

:levywhoa:Thank you for that. And what about the team on the pitch at White Hart Lane?

RWNL5FV.png
The what, on the what, at where? Sorry Mr Levy, could you repeat the question please?

:levylol:No need, Mr Munn. You start on Munnday!

If any of you want to critique him because he's Australian.

Season 9 Ok GIF by The Office

If any of you want to critique him because he's from Australian Football.

Curb Your Enthusiasm Ok GIF

If any of you want to critique him because he's from CFG.

Bill Murray Yes GIF

But if any of you critique, denigrate, mock, laugh at or snigger at our national game.

the-slap-slaps.gif

I just don’t care.

It’s so tedious. I get enough of this cobblers at work; new ‘international’ appointments dropped into the most senior positions, with their impeccable CVs and vacuous sound bites.

I don’t give a flying fuck about our international football operations.

I want 2 CBs, 2 midfielders, a 10 and a new striker.

Plus a goalie.

What, are you not impressed by another suit who has no idea about the sport we pretend to give a shit about? Ted Lasso minus the heartwarming bit.

I'm sure he's very good at marketing & revenue and knows a bit about AFL, so that's good. We wouldn't want to go and appoint people who really love the game, as they're a bit too likely to connect with the fans and get us playing decent football. What we need is more Beyonce concerts.

Some of you just love to moan about the club no matter what happens.

Conte sacked, moan like fuck.

STs frozen, moan like fuck.

Some Football Director appointed, moan like fuck.

Give it a rest FFS. 🤦🏻‍♂️

Last edited:
Spurs fans are realistic, we all know that, with ENIC in charge the club is winning nothing.
Until the owners pass on, or, we are sold to a Newcastle style ownership, it's top six ceiling 👍💪🔥

Gibbering nonsense.

Current: 5th:
Prev: 4, 7, 6, 4, 3, 2, 3, 5, 6, 5, 4, 4

9 of the last 12 seasons your theory has been proven wrong.

Who the fuck is Scott Munn?

Whoever he is, I welcome the insight from Levy and the Board that a top of the line sporting organisation is needed at this level, and that the current board isn't it.

I figured that this means that he has realized that he has to take a step back and allow someone that knows how to run the footballing side to run the footballing side.
I can understand people not being excited about this appointment. But it’s hardly anything to be mad about either.

Back
Top Bottom