Chris Hughton

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Amazing thing happened years ago. I was outside waiting for autographs. I got several, then my hero drove out:

“ Chris you create so many chances, but you’re always looking for a finisher- you need to shoot more often because you always find the space- just fucking shoot!

He nodded.

Four days later Wrexham in the league cup (I think), he did his usual run with ball down the left - cut inside and scored a blinder off the bar. The man listens to fans.

I worshipped him as a kid because I played In his position at school. I’d watch his every move even if he didn’t have the ball.

Top bloke, always remember living over Chigwell way when we trained down by the dump whem Graham was in charge, walked in the gate and Chris came up to us , shook hands and that, i asked if we could watch the lads train, he said if i was in charge no problem but Graham wont let any fans in .... he then shook our hands again and shouted come on you Spurs, top man

Posted before, so excuse the indulgence of posting it again but it's one of my favourite Spurs player photos...
%2Fmethode%2Fsundaytimes%2Fprod%2Fweb%2Fbin%2F5909c102-e26d-11e7-b446-30898d5bb4d6.jpg

I met Chrissie a few times. He was the best friend of the boyfriend of a girl I used to work with, and he went to the same school as my ex. Down-to-earth, never forgot where he came from.
A genuine guy who has been treated poorly by various clubs. You have to admire his strength of character to keep going, as it must be discouraging to keep getting knocked back. Don't know if he has the credentials to be the head coach at a top club, but he should never be out of work for too long, there are enough clubs out there to keep him employed.

Last edited:
Met him at a pre season friendly against Romford FC in around 94 ish, top fella, loves Spurs and would love him to return one day as manager and do something special.
Have you watched his teams play?

I'm one of his biggest fans and have met him and can confirm he's a beautiful human, I would love him back at the club for this reason but wouldn't have him manage Spurs in a million years. He's a good manager and has done a good job wherever he's been but his style of football is ultra-defensive and boring as fuck. Yes, no doubt some of this is dictated by the clubs he's managed and players at his disposal at the time but just look at Brighton under Potter compared to Brighton under Chris, proves it doesn't always have to be defensive lump it upfield shite.

Have you watched his teams play?

I'm one of his biggest fans and have met him and can confirm he's a beautiful human, I would love him back at the club for this reason but wouldn't have him manage Spurs in a million years. He's a good manager and has done a good job wherever he's been but his style of football is ultra-defensive and boring as fuck. Yes, no doubt some of this is dictated by the clubs he's managed and players at his disposal at the time but just look at Brighton under Potter compared to Brighton under Chris, proves it doesn't always have to be defensive lump it upfield shite.
I think my heart just ruled my head on that post, still love him though

I was looking for the Wrexham goal that he scored for me but couldn’t find it. Here are a few I could find.

Back
Top Bottom