Chris Hughton

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I met Chrissie a few times. He was the best friend of the boyfriend of a girl I used to work with, and he went to the same school as my ex.
Hang on... wait, what?
1490108776-joey-confused.gif

Good solid little manager Chris Hughton - even if he is a bit negative in his approach. He's never got a club relegated and does well regarding promotion.

He's been permanent manager of 4 clubs. Newcastle, Birmingham, Norwich and Brighton.

He broke records at Newcastle during his first season there which saw them get promoted and win the Championship. His first ever season in the Premier League as manager saw him sacked with Newcastle in 11th!!

He then went to Birmingham and got them to the group stages of the Europa League, bare in mind Birmingham are in the Championship, and only getting knocked out by finishing 1 point off top of their EL group! - he then guided them to 4th place in the Championship before losing in a play off semi final.

He left Birmingham after that one season and joined Norwich - He lead them to 11th place in the Premier League, which was better than the 12th place they finished the season prior. The following year they sacked him when Norwich were 17th in the league and 5 points clear of safety.... They ended up going down. Getting just 1 point from their final 5 games.

Brighton came next - joined half way through a season and kept them up after fighting relegation (finishing 20th) - He then guided them to 3rd the following season before losing in the play offs. The following year he done one better, finishing 2nd and getting automatic promotion. He then guided them to a brilliant 15th in the Premier League and then kept them up again the following year whilst also leading them to the FA Cup Semi Final.

Good luck Hughton - your record tells me Bristol City are due a play off finish next season.

I met Chrissie a few times. He was the best friend of the boyfriend of a girl I used to work with, and he went to the same school as my ex. Down-to-earth, never forgot where he came from.
A genuine guy who has been treated poorly by various clubs. You have to admire his strength of character to keep going, as it must be discouraging to keep getting knocked back. Don't know if he has the credentials to be the head coach at a top club, but he should never be out of work for too long, there are enough clubs out there to keep him employed.

I played against his brother Henry in a five a side tournament, he kicked my mate snidely off the ball, we were only teenagers , the git

I played against his brother Henry in a five a side tournament, he kicked my mate snidely off the ball, we were only teenagers , the git
Chris went to the same school as my ex. They played in the same team, although Chris played in sides two/three years older than him, he was that good.

Thought CH had taken the Bristol City job... but now he has definitely got the Forest one. Hope he does well. Forest are still a big club so it’s a nice chance for him to make a name for himself.

A big but tough job. Can only wish him well. Loved him as a player, he always gave everything and delivered a good right hander to Alan Sunderland.

Poor guy is having a very difficult time at Forest. They’re rock bottom of the Championship. They’ve become a total basket case from being one of the bigger and more respected clubs in England when I was growing up. I’d love to see Chris do well at a club and get proper backing too.

Poor guy is having a very difficult time at Forest. They’re rock bottom of the Championship. They’ve become a total basket case from being one of the bigger and more respected clubs in England when I was growing up. I’d love to see Chris do well at a club and get proper backing too.
He’s gone. A genuinely nice guy and I’d love to see him do well somewhere.

Tbh I think that’s probably the end of his managerial career be very hard to get another job after what’s been a pretty much disastrous tenure at Forest. Wouldn’t mind at all to have him involved in some capacity within the club, a top bloke with a wealth of football experience and a handy caretaker manager to have available if needed lol.

Tbh I think that’s probably the end of his managerial career be very hard to get another job after what’s been a pretty much disastrous tenure at Forest. Wouldn’t mind at all to have him involved in some capacity within the club, a top bloke with a wealth of football experience and a handy caretaker manager to have available if needed lol.
The only saving grace is forest is a complete carcrash of a club and he still has a good rep from Newcastle and Brighton. A lower half championship teams still likely imo

The only saving grace is forest is a complete carcrash of a club and he still has a good rep from Newcastle and Brighton. A lower half championship teams still likely imo

Yeh.... Don't know too much detail about their predicament, but the consensus seems to be that he's well rid.

Will be a tough break to see his rep smeared considering how he did a decent job at both Newcastle and Brighton (and only really fell a cropper to the 'style of football' thing..... Which is an absolute joke in the case of Newcastle as everyone since has stunk the place out too!). No doubt n my mind that with the right club he could get another team promoted again.

Back
Top Bottom