Chris Powell

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Maybe we missed a trick by not making Chris interim head coach, instead of Ryan (no disrespect to Ryan), as he has some experience of that role. Suppose it didn't make such a good 'human' story though.
Completly disagree Mrs P. I so glad Powell is in our set-up, but have you ever watched his teams play that he's managed, they've been absolute crap.

He would have helped Mason massively with his experience otherwise why have him there?

Completly disagree Mrs P. I so glad Powell is in our set-up, but have you ever watched his teams play that he's managed, they've been absolute crap.

He would have helped Mason massively with his experience otherwise why have him there?
Thanks for your comments, I admit that I don't know much about his work with Charlton, I just thought that their interim roles may have been better reversed.

Thanks for your comments, I admit that I don't know much about his work with Charlton, I just thought that their interim roles may have been better reversed.
I'll also add that making Mason, rather than Powell manager could benefit Spurs in the long run if Mason develops over the next few years. I think (based off his comments) that he enjoyed the experience, I hope it's given him the taste and now he can get serious and focused and accelerate his learning. No other young aspiring coach has been afforded such an experience. I don't think there would be a future upside for Powell or Spurs had we gave it to Powell.

I'll also add that making Mason, rather than Powell manager could benefit Spurs in the long run if Mason develops over the next few years. I think (based off his comments) that he enjoyed the experience, I hope it's given him the taste and now he can get serious and focused and accelerate his learning. No other young aspiring coach has been afforded such an experience. I don't think there would be a future upside for Powell or Spurs had we gave it to Powell.
good point. It's the dream to have a successful manager that is Tottenham through and through. Given time, he can get the necessary experience and won't be accused of playing his "mates".

good point. It's the dream to have a successful manager that is Tottenham through and through. Given time, he can get the necessary experience and won't be accused of playing his "mates".
The whole "mates" thing was/is utter bollocks. He selected a team that he thought was best for how he wanted to play.

The dinosaur has completly fucked with our fanbase, they think every player is shit because we played shit under his tactics. So, when Mason selects a player that they've been happily slating all season then it must be because he's mates with him. I guess he shouldn't have picked his BEST mate Kane and people would have been OK with that?

The whole "mates" thing was/is utter bollocks. He selected a team that he thought was best for how he wanted to play.

The dinosaur has completly fucked with our fanbase, they think every player is shit because we played shit under his tactics. So, when Mason selects a player that they've been happily slating all season then it must be because he's mates with him. I guess he shouldn't have picked his BEST mate Kane and people would have been OK with that?
Totally agree, I thought some people were very unfair on their attacks on Ryan.

Powell should definitely have gotten the interim gig. Not even close. Managerial experience. Well liked by all accounts and seems to have well rounded coaching experience.

But no lets give it to this kid with no experience. No idea why that could be? Anyone?

Powell should definitely have gotten the interim gig. Not even close. Managerial experience. Well liked by all accounts and seems to have well rounded coaching experience.

But no lets give it to this kid with no experience. No idea why that could be? Anyone?
Perhaps he said no.

Personally love the guy.

Shame he didn't get offered/take the interim job at the end of last season.

Speaks passionately about the game and more importantly, our club.

Proper Spurs.

Back
Top Bottom