Christian Eriksen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I think, even on days like yesterday when he doesn't create much or provide an inventive spark, he's a vital component in our current DNA. Having a player in that front four who'll see the ball 50-60 times a game and who actually has a bit of composure and a brain is vital amongst all the youthful but erratic exuberance that the rest are bringing.

Most impressive is how he's been prepared to drastically improve his work off the ball. He's still not what you'd call tenacious or the bravest but he does press properly and intelligently with the group and when you add that to his metronomic footballing qualities it's a good combination.

He's not perfect, he has bad days, he's not undroppable or un-subbable, especially with players like Pritchard and Onomah bubbling under. But I think he's a vital piece of our current jigsaw.

Eriksen has the ability to change a game in a single sentence. His ability with freekicks and his shooting can really change games quickly. He also can be playing horribly and have one to two incredible passes and win us a game.

He was very good in 1st half against Newcastle but shit in the 2nd (like most of the team).. Not always as influential as you'd hope, but when he's not there the team doesn't tick at all.

And he's the player with the most assists.. (Shared) 2nd topscorer. The best passer of the ball up front and biggest threat on free kicks.

But no, he's the weakest in our attacking 4!? Should be dropped!? Doesn't do anything else than score a free kick now and then!? Pfff. Fuck off.

This guy is the most technically gifted player in our squad by a mile and people are giving him shit while people like Carroll stink up the midfield.

He was alright at the weekend, hard to be a creative influence when everyone goes ultra narrow and hides behind their markers.

Nobody showered themselves in glory on Sunday. To single out Eriksen seems a bit harsh. The guy has got bags of talent. He's having an indifferent spell of form but he's got the tools to be a great player.

I wonder how many shots you lot that think Eriksen is doing nothing all game think he had on Sunday.

The guy isn't Modric. He's not gonna control games.
Especially when he doesnt play in central midfield.
He's doing a load of defensive work and trying to find space.
He's doing what he's told.
Poch doesnt want him to control the game.
On Sunday Poch wanted us to play percentage balls forward to Kane and Alli. And press them where the ball landed. This has nothing to do with Eriksen. He'd look so good in a different team trying to pass from deep.

This guy is the most technically gifted player in our squad by a mile and people are giving him shit while people like Carroll stink up the midfield.

He was alright at the weekend, hard to be a creative influence when everyone goes ultra narrow and hides behind their markers.
I'd argue Lamela is more technically gifted and evidence would prove this considering almost every game he creates the most chances in the squad.

I wonder how many shots you lot that think Eriksen is doing nothing all game think he had on Sunday.

On Sunday Poch wanted us to play percentage balls forward to Kane and Alli. And press them where the ball landed. This has nothing to do with Eriksen. He'd look so good in a different team trying to pass from deep.

I know it might appear a waste of his creativity but I do wonder - more so last season - whether he could be deployed deeper in certain games where he may have more time on the ball.

He isn't as good as Modric, but fair few are but he does, at times, get a little marginalised when it's congested in the final third.

I'm a huge fan of Eriksen's, and agree he is a vital component.

So are you saying that it's Poch's fault that Eriksen played mostly crap on Sunday?

Like the free kick in his favourite area which failed to clear the wall!

What about the other 10 or the subs?

Or is it the Europa's fault?

It was a crap performance from everyone concerned so it's out of our system now.

No excuses for next game but I hope the Moose is back

:dembelewtf:

er isn't that his job, and that why he's not as good as people think...

classic myopic reactions over eriksen, he gets away with it for some reason.

when was the last time he took a game by the scruff of the neck , the question still remains. ( a piss poor swansea isn't an answer)
sheff.utd away?

when was the last time he took a game by the scruff of the neck , the question still remains. ( a piss poor swansea isn't an answer)
sheff.utd away?

He will never be the kind of player to take a game by the scruff of the neck. You are looking for a different character.

I'd argue Lamela is more technically gifted and evidence would prove this considering almost every game he creates the most chances in the squad.
Eriksen's ability to spot a pass and pull it off is far superior to Lamela, who all-too-often has his head down and runs into blind alleys.

I rate them both don't get me wrong, but Eriksen is just one of those players that spots passes very few players do. Lamela isn't.

Eriksen's ability to spot a pass and pull it off is far superior to Lamela, who all-too-often has his head down and runs into blind alleys.

I rate them both don't get me wrong, but Eriksen is just one of those players that spots passes very few players do. Lamela isn't.
I think it's rather rare that Eriksen pulls any ball off. Like I've said before, he has good vision yet not quite the ability to pull it off. Like he has a great footballing mind but isn't quite as good as his ability allows. Eriksen has only ever been good for us when playing off the left. You take him away from the left and he's very easily nullified. It's probably why he's a ghost for the majority of our matches.

Back
Top Bottom