Christian Eriksen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Eriksens positives (possession, assists, goals) come with a price.

Like I said before the game I knew Poch was going to play a weak left side and it cost us.

And once again we were easy to figure out manager wise as its obvious where you can hurt us. You bypass the middle (Kane, Alli, Dier) and take Dier, Wanyama or Dembele out of the game as down our wings you will virtually go unchallenged until you draw out one of the covering two or Rose. It's just way to easy to work us out. Will Poch finally close these avenues? Wasn't Townsend etc flouncing down these avenues obvious enough for him?

Wanyama saw how much work he had to do for others who can't handle their own patch. He was almost overrun because Eriksen was about as effective as a wet paper bag stopping average players from waltzing down his wing.

We need more power and pace there.

It was obvious Janssen is going to be way more of a pain in the arse to deal with than Eriksen. And he has been scoring so much at the end of last season. Why stunt or slow down Janssens momentum? Eriksen was diabolical at the end of last season. He was poor in preseason.

Eriksen's lack of presence has been starving Kane recently. If we are going to have a gap in the midfield, then create a proper gap and have the positive of another striker on the pitch elsewhere.

Sometimes having Lamela or Eriksen covering a part of the pitch is a false positive. Our midfiwld will watch players running off the ball when the guy in possession is a danger with Eriksen skipping next to him.

I felt bad for Wanyama. Thank god he did as much as he did. With a weaker player there dealing with whatever Alli and Eriksen were "doing"???, it could have been another Newcastle.

Right now we have a pace crisis in the final third. Eriksen is the slowest. He's lost any ability to hold up the ball and make it stick/bring Kane into the game.

Saying that, he'll score or assist soon and everything will be forgotten and our soft underbelly will remain.

It's frustrating because we all know what Eriksen can do. IMO it's Poch who needs to take some of the blame for his/our terrible form. It's obvious to me Eriksen should not be keep playing on that position.

If played, he should be central. IMO a simple switch to the middle of the three would do wonders for Eriksen and everyone around him. I'd love to see this in the CL:

------------------Kane------------------
----Alli-------Eriksen----Dembele---

IMO to get the best out of Lamela or Eriksen, one has to make way. Having the two softens us up too much.

IMO Wanyama has done enough to keep his place. Dembele further forward will obviously solve our issue of the ball sticking. And Janssen or Eriksen in the middle will give us goals/assists.

We have much better options than Poch's slow approach. So right now my frustration is not so much with Eriksen and why he's so open. I'm wondering why Poch would keep the same wings that collapsed at the end of the season? Why the same approach play that effected Kane?

Our clean sheets went out the window with this approach.
Fuck off you fat ugly cunt

So wait a minute...

He wants to take Lamela off. Lamela who has been in beast mode recently and is arguably the engine in our team.

And he wants to stick Dembele on the wing?

ssHUjGw.jpg

Wanyama saw how much work he had to do for others who can't handle their own patch. He was almost overrun because Eriksen was about as effective as a wet paper bag stopping average players from waltzing down his wing.

I did get confused at one point, when Wanyama was burrowing around the centre of the pitch, pressing and trying to break down their possession. He tracked one of the Everton players about 10 yards into our half, across the width of the pitch. He eventually won the ball back through persistence, and it just rolled free to Eriksen (in a way that Wanyama won it back, and let it roll to Eriksen).

The commentator said "Eriksen wins the ball back for spurs".
:dembelewtf:

Not a criticism of Eriksen, but I was very confused as to why Wanyama wasn't getting the praise he deserved for the job he did for us, as this seemed like a common theme on the stream I was on. That said, I was also confused at to whether or not the commentators should now call Alli, 'Dele'. :kanehand:

It's an interesting read, just lets itself down on the straw man.

Whilst there are some possibly valid questions over Eriksen's goal scoring contribution last season, his change in position combined with an improvement across creative, defensive and work-rate statistics ridicule any suggestions that Spurs should replace the Dane due to a decline in his performance

Ermm... who was suggesting this?
:llorishuh:

It would be more useful to base the article on comparative position-vs-position players - not sure how an article can be based on a single player's stats? By that logical, you couldn't 'improve' on Kyle Naughton as he has improved season by season, yet he wasn't up to our standards.

It's amazing how much people here zoom in on individual players form and not team shape. People freaking out that I'd drop Eriksen or Lamela? Like there is a difference between Eriksen and Lamela. As if they are light years apart?

It's almost as if Lamela just scored eh?

IMO the strongest team spurs can put out to win games, may not involve Lamela or Eriksen in the starting 11. Mind blown?

It's entirely possible Alli, Kane, Dembele and Janssen would score, create and defend more than Eriksen, Lamela Kane and Alli.

What I'm seeing here is an explosion of knee jerks because Lamela just scored and had a ood preseason.

I suppose I'd be more understanding if we were winning but we seem to have a Frank Bruno complex here eh? How dare I suggest change when we erm...don't win games.

Can someone explain to me why a team with Dembele and Jansenn is worse than Eriksen and Lamela?

Here is my argument: We have been terrible (as a TEAM) in the league with Lamela and Eriksen pulling the strings in the last month of Prem games.

What's your argument against change? Why are you all so excited to jump on me being honest? You lot hate that right?

What happened when Janssen came on? Did Lamela touch a ball in the first half before Janssen gave us a massive boost?

Let's see how stupid that sounds in 6 months time.

After all, before the game started I had Lamela starting. And Janssen.

Poch went with a different setup (which I predicted 100%) and we struggled. Went behind like I warned.

I think Lamela and Eriksen have the most tenuous position in the team at the moment. I don't think replacing them with Dembele and Janssen is laughable.

We all know what happens here after the dust settles.

After all. I just predicted Lamela should start because of his form. He scores. I said Eriksen and Lamela starting is risky. We went behind. I'd previously said Janssen should start but Poch won't do it. But was proven right...Janssen came on and was the power/aggression Eriksen etc lacked in the first.

It's amazing how much people here zoom in on individual players form and not team shape. People freaking out that I'd drop Eriksen or Lamela? Like there is a difference between Eriksen and Lamela. As if they are light years apart?

IMO the strongest team spurs can put out to win games, may not involve Lamela or Eriksen in the starting 11. Mind blown?

It's entirely possible Alli, Kane, Dembele and Janssen would score, create and defend more than Eriksen, Lamela Kane and Alli.

What I'm seeing here is an explosion of knee jerks because Lamela just scored and had a ood preseason.

I suppose I'd be more understanding if we were winning but we seem to have a Frank Bruno complex here eh? How dare I suggest change when we erm...don't win games.

Can someone explain to me why a team with Dembele and Jansenn is worse than Eriksen and Lamela?

Here is my argument: We have been terrible (as a TEAM) in the league with Lamela and Eriksen pulling the strings in the last month of Prem games.

What's your argument against change? Why are you all so excited to jump on me being honest? You lot hate that right?

What happened when Janssen came on? Did Lamela touch a ball in the first half before Janssen gave us a massive boost?

Poch went with a different setup (which I predicted 100%) and we struggled. Went behind like I warned.

I think Lamela and Eriksen have the most tenuous position in the team at the moment. I don't think replacing them with Dembele and Janssen is laughable.

After all. I just predicted Lamela should start because of his form. He scores. I said Eriksen and Lamela starting is risky. We went behind. I'd previously said Janssen should start but Poch won't do it. But was proven right...Janssen came on and was the power/aggression Eriksen etc lacked in the first.

Nobody gives a fuck Gibbs.

:nawty::paulinhobored::avbfacepalm::mong:

I want to see Gibbsy coach in the Premier League.

It would be amazing to watch.

You practically did most of the season.

Kane beast
Dembele beast
Dier beast
Walker beast
Davies beast
Jan beast
Alli beast
Toby beast

Remember? I posted a "we will have a great season" thread since Townsend, Lennon, Soldado etc were gone?

At the end of last season I melted down just before Poch went Eriksen, Lsmela, Carroll, Son direction and we know what happened there.

My only worries came true. We went back into lightweight soft Spurs.

I'm loving how strong/aggressive Janssen is looking. It's why I wanted to start him over Eriksen. And still do. Due to bad form and personalle/shape.

It's a long season. Both Lamela and Eriksen will get loads of games. Lamela's scoring/assisting form has been great. But the prem wins have not come.

Would you like to list the last 7 games results?
Everton (1-1 draw) - Lamela goal
Newcastle (5-1 loss) - Lamela goal
Southampton (2-1 loss) - Lamela assist
Chelsea (2-2 draw) - Lamela assist
West Brom (1-1 draw) - None,
Stoke (4-0 win) - Lamela assist
Man Utd (3-0 win) - Lamela goal + assist.

I'll explain. You genuinely think that you're a better football manager than Pochettino, and that from your bedroom in Florida, you claim to have an insight into the finer points of the game that Poch is unaware of. A man who gets to work at 7am and leaves at 7pm, and spends that time coaching and training our hugely talented collection of multi-million pound players - who by all accounts love him. For this he earns a lot of money.

And you, an unemployed, ex-rugby playing, weightlifter and comedy wrestler, who's never been invited to dinner by Alex Ferguson, have the damned cheek to suggest that you could do a better job?

Give over. See the doctor.

Back
Top Bottom