Christian Eriksen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Why don't you two just agree to disagree? It's really not worth the bollocks.
You could both be having a wank :dierno::eriksenlol:

I have no problem with opinion, and I accept that some people think Eriksen is better than Messi, and some people think he's a good player, just not the best one in our squad. What I do have a problem with is the usual TFC cliché: Someone tries to 'win' a debate based on opinion (flawed in itself) by making up facts, or creating a straw man to knock down.

It's exactly like religion, where someone preaches nonsense like it's the only truth, and when you fact check them on it, they make up more stuff and try and flap their way out of it with passive aggressive avoidance.

Moral of the story: If it's a fact, show the evidence - if you can't, there's a good chance you're talking shit.

I don't think anyone is saying he's better than Messi.

It was just for reference, showing that opinion is simply that. It's valid to say "I think Eriksen is better than Messi", as you aren't making a false comparison, just expressing opinion (he could be, who knows? we've never seen Messi play for Ajax, Denmark or Spurs to make a frame of reference).

It would be a load of cobblers, however, to say "Eriksen was more creative than Messi last season", unless such a statement is available with sufficient evidence.

It was just for reference, showing that opinion is simply that. It's valid to say "I think Eriksen is better than Messi", as you aren't making a false comparison, just expressing opinion (he could be, who knows? we've never seen Messi play for Ajax, Denmark or Spurs to make a frame of reference).

It would be a load of cobblers, however, to say "Eriksen was more creative than Messi last season", unless such a statement is available with sufficient evidence.

Ok, but to present one side as 'thinks he's better than Messi' and the other as 'a good player, just not the best in our squad' implies that the people who rate the guy are prone to hyperbole, and the other side are sober, rational football thinkers. That's all.

has there always been this level of mixed opinions on Eriksen here? Though it was jsut within my family. Don't want him booed and transferred just would like him to be a bit more positive and consistent and would like someone like David Silva in addition but know that's not going to happen

"Crap 89 minutes".

You should be the one working for there, rather than pose on internet forums as an actual fan.

I'll do a "you" then.

No. try again.

Actually, I'll do you a favour here...

... Or go on to your usual modus of having a go at our own players.

Reference the words, which I will reiterate the meaning of that seems to be lost:

"usual" i.e. habitual
"modus" i.e. the way things are do
"players" i.e. plural

Can you make any reference to when I have habitually had a specific way of criticising our players?

P.S. Your straw man has flesh. Also still waiting for some data/evidence for the below (and no, it's not on Squawka or whoscored):

Last season he ran further, made more sprints, more tackles and yet made more key passes than Lamela

Oh stop it - Don't be mad because I quoted you. After all, that's what you asked me to.

You can return to abuse - let's say - selected players now. I promise I shall refrain to interfere.

I think Eriksen's better than Messi. He's not a tax-dodging, selfish little shit, so he's emphatically better than Messi.

He probably also wouldn't "retire" from international football until his ego was appropriately massaged into "coming back out of retirement" before the month was out.
:pocheyes:

has there always been this level of mixed opinions on Eriksen here? Though it was jsut within my family. Don't want him booed and transferred just would like him to be a bit more positive and consistent and would like someone like David Silva in addition but know that's not going to happen
I think it started in the middle of last season, when half the team looked world class and Eriksen wasn't scoring/assisting as many because Poch was asking him to play deeper. Nobody was questioning Eriksen in 2014.

He probably also wouldn't "retire" from international football until his ego was appropriately massaged into "coming back out of retirement" before the month was out.
:pocheyes:
It would send a really nice message if Argentina just benched him for a little while.

I'll do a "you" then.

No. try again.

Actually, I'll do you a favour here...

Reference the words, which I will reiterate the meaning of that seems to be lost:

"usual" i.e. habitual
"modus" i.e. the way things are do
"players" i.e. plural

Can you make any reference to when I have habitually had a specific way of criticising our players?

P.S. Your straw man has flesh. Also still waiting for some data/evidence for the below (and no, it's not on Squawka or whoscored):

You're a boring cunt. Why did you come back? That's a bigger tragedy than Charlie Adams' teeth.

Eriksen IS weak in possession. Last season he was muscled off the ball by Juan Mata ffs. For shame!
I think Eriksen will struggle against Man Utd and Chelsea this season. For me, Eriksen is more
of a Champions League player than a EPL player because he needs space to perform his trickery.
I miss a lot of games due to work commitments but I will be watching this player closely this season
when I am able to.

So you don't accept stats showing Eriksen performing very well in the PL, nor do you watch games. Are you one of those people who just feels what is true and what isn't, like the republicans and their new, orange ruler?

So you don't accept stats showing Eriksen performing very well in the PL, nor do you watch games. Are you one of those people who just feels what is true and what isn't, like the republicans and their new, orange ruler?
I'm going by what I've seen of him. He's good. He's not great. He's weak. He's easily dispossessed.
He doesn't like going to the gym.

He doesn't like going to the gym.

giphy.gif

Back
Top Bottom