Christian Eriksen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I've had this reservation with him (until he scores, duh) he always fanny out of a tackle. Every 50/50 with him is 80/20, he's so weak on the ball and in the tackle. I don't think LONG TERM, he'll be a crucial part of the team. I know he's got bounds of natural ability, but I tink he's to weak to make an impact in a close game (like today). He'll never win any 50/50 challenges, he's a wimp. He'll regress from this.
He will probably die from scoliosis in 3 years.
I think he's improved massively in the defensive aspect of his game

You sound Swedish to be honest. False pride. A lack of humour, and wobbly opinions. Maybe I'm wrong, and you are the greatest people on earth. I'm only a humble Englishman.

No, you are right. The Swedes have degenerated far beyond any of our scandinavian neighbours.

Our most stand out genetic traits are naivety and schizofrenia. We have a very frail psychological health, a far cry from what Swedes were a 1000 years ago.

As for Eriksen, he'll be great again in a few games.

I was chatting in this thread last night. If anything, there was more of a backlash against dissenting voices than the other way around.

I'm 'one of the melts' if that includes thinking £150k wages a week is excessive.
You asked me WTF I was talking about and I gave you an answer. My comment was aimed directly at melts slating the club, if you were one of them that includes you, if your are not then it doesn't.

Eriksens most stand out ability is to have a crap 89 mins, then score a free kick in the other 1, and everyone will rave that he is MoTM.

I'm not saying he's crap, and this doesn't happen every game - just very often. You can't argue with his stats, but to compare to another player: Modric had crap stats, but ran the show from 0 to 90.

He's still young, and so has plenty of time to improve. I'd be depressed if he was actually classified as one of our best, though.

We have so many talented players that work hard game in game out.

What is the 'other evidence'?

Last night there was a chorus of "just pay him what we wants, he's only on 30k". That's the people who were believing every ounce of gossip on the internet.

Some of us are pragmatists, and don't believe the club should be held to random by any player - true or not. Especially one that is inconsistent compared to the other, more deserving players in the team.

It's no surprise to see this has been twisted around, though.

Eriksen has never, to my knowledge, openly suggested he has any affinity to the club (unlike Verts, Lamela etc. who do, often), so I don't really see any signs that he is here for the long haul. And that's ok, as long as we are well compensated when that happens.
I was having a pop at those slating the club. Post is pretty clear. Never even mentioned my stance on how much he should get paid or if he is any good or not. (I have made an entirely separate post on my views which you can agree or disagree with all you like: Players - Christian Eriksen ).

I was having a pop at those slating the club. Post is pretty clear. Never even mentioned my stance on how much he should get paid or if he is any good or not. (I have made an entirely separate post on my views which you can agree or disagree with all you like: Players - Christian Eriksen ).

I think the context of the post was a little unclear, as there we two sides to debate: pay him what he wants, or; if he doesn't plan on signing a contract, we should sell. It read like you were slating the latter.

I read the post as a continuation of your previous one, in which you say:

A lot of people need to chill.
8) Eriksen is mustard and a key player in our squad. A salary in-line with our other top performers is what he should be on. I'm sure this is what is being offered.

My personal opinion here is that he isn't a top performer, and I don't think he is yet to justify a Kane-esq wage. He's a talented footballer with plenty of potential, but he's only really flirted with top-player form thus far. Hence why no one is trying to buy him.

I think the context of the post was a little unclear, as there we two sides to debate: pay him what he wants, or; if he doesn't plan on signing a contract, we should sell. It read like you were slating the latter.

I read the post as a continuation of your previous one, in which you say:

My personal opinion here is that he isn't a top performer, and I don't think he is yet to justify a Kane-esq wage. He's a talented footballer with plenty of potential, but he's only really flirted with top-player form thus far. Hence why no one is trying to buy him.
Only slating those who rage against the club at the slightest thing. Not the opinion. Opinions are their to be debated buy/sell, pay more/pay less, in/out or is he good/bad etc...

IMO he is a top performer, one of the best in his position in the League. Manger would also tend to see it this way too as he never leaves him out of the squad, one of our most selected players along with Kane, Toby and Lloris, he should be on a comparable salary to them as his contribution is the same as theirs.

You guys sound like Woolwich fans with ozil but at the end of the day he is either assisting or is the assist before the assist he is not there to impress with fancy dribbling skills and 20 goals thats what you need to understand if you guys think we are better off without him in the team you need smack yourself same complaints i use to hear about a certain player named modric.

I've had this reservation with him (until he scores, duh) he always fanny out of a tackle. Every 50/50 with him is 80/20, he's so weak on the ball and in the tackle. I don't think LONG TERM, he'll be a crucial part of the team. I know he's got bounds of natural ability, but I tink he's to weak to make an impact in a close game (like today). He'll never win any 50/50 challenges, he's a wimp. He'll regress from this.
He will probably die from scoliosis in 3 years.
Last season he ran further, made more sprints, more tackles and yet made more key passes than Lamela.

Wimp? LOL.

Perhaps Eriksen should look more laboured like Lamela does, flap his arms like Keane did and point-and-shout like Dawson did. That'll be the sure path to fan acceptance.

Eriksens most stand out ability is to have a crap 89 mins, then score a free kick in the other 1, and everyone will rave that he is MoTM.

I'm not saying he's crap, and this doesn't happen every game - just very often. You can't argue with his stats, but to compare to another player: Modric had crap stats, but ran the show from 0 to 90.

He's still young, and so has plenty of time to improve. I'd be depressed if he was actually classified as one of our best, though.

As all stats from last season proves, that is clearly 100% bullshit. See my post above.

To be honest, I don't think any of us have any clue what his value is and therefore what his wages ought to be. After all, he's paid to train and we don't really get to see how good of a trainer he is. :pochlol:

I think he's still the second-best attacking player on the team. Alli is arguably even less consistent, and Lamela isn't quite as good yet, although he's obviously better defensively.

I think he's still the second-best attacking player on the team. Alli is arguably even less consistent, and Lamela isn't quite as good yet, although he's obviously better defensively.

Maybe so, but that's our most inexperienced area. Literally the whole team behind Eriksen/Alli/Lamela is spot on, and really quite consistent.

Lloris, Dier, Walker, Vertonghen, Rose, Alderweireld, Dembele, Wimmer... all good even on a crap day. Hard to replace any of them (although I think we played better/tighter with Wimmer in the side mid season)

Back
Top Bottom