Christian Eriksen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Christian Eriksen ‏@ChrisEriksen8 2 min.2 minutter siden
Not the result we wanted! But still one point and great support from the fans
1f44f.png
And dont believe everyting u read on the internet
1f440.png
1f914.png
#coys

There's simply no way that he's demanding that amount of money. He went to Ajax when he had offers from richer clubs and he went to us in a similar scenario. I'm sure he's demanding a bigger wage, and he deserves that, but £150k p/w is impossible and he knows that.

Also I just saw his agent has said they won't comment, and that they've never done that, but he refered to the £150k figure as 'funny internet rumours' and said Eriksen is 'happy' at Spurs.

Even if we did have the finances to fund a players salary to the tune of 150 grand a week, Eriksen would be closer to the back of the line than front when handing those deals out. He is simply not worth that kind of money, no freaking way, and judging him on today's performance he should be giving Levy a fucking rebate.

Even if we did have the finances to fund a players salary to the tune of 150 grand a week, Eriksen would be closer to the back of the line than front when handing those deals out. He is simply not worth that kind of money, no freaking way, and judging him on today's performance he should be giving Levy a fucking rebate.

Don't use a non-story to pursue an anti Eriksen agenda. If you can't see he's one of our most important players you're a fucking idiot.

The fuck are you on about?

I'm pretty sure the forum will be unanimously happy that the Independent story isn't true.
The 1st sign of any negativity reported about our club and this place lights up with people slating the club, winging, moaning almost wanting the story to be true. Believing the story despite other evidence pointing to the opposite. That's what the fuck I am on about. What rock have you been under? Or where you one of the melts?

The 1st sign of any negativity reported about our club and this place lights up with people slating the club, winging, moaning almost wanting the story to be true. Believing the story despite other evidence pointing to the opposite. That's what the fuck I am on about. What rock have you been under? Or where you one of the melts?
Think we're all just annoyed and bored with lack of news in general. Not just with the Eriksen contract deal but with transfer news in general.

No coincidence that he played poor today and we as a team looked shit, still worried he will be the one sacrificed to fit jannsen in tho

I was chatting in this thread last night. If anything, there was more of a backlash against dissenting voices than the other way around.

I'm 'one of the melts' if that includes thinking £150k wages a week is excessive.

It probably didn't help with half our fans calling him a greedy cunt and telling him to fuck off.

And don't say he wasn't aware of it because his agent felt the need to come out and deny the wage demand rumour.

We do need to to sort out his contract as soon as possible - this much seems obvious.
If that played any part of his performance today, not only should he be sold, he should be shot, buried in a ditch and never be seen upon again.
But, as hard it is to admit, he's probably just rusty and will get firing in the next couple of matches. We do however need competition for him. Someone youngish for him to compete with. That's however another 40m£ to splash, which we don't have.

If that played any part of his performance today, not only should he be sold, he should be shot, buried in a ditch and never be seen upon again.
But, as hard it is to admit, he's probably just rusty and will get firing in the next couple of matches. We do however need competition for him. Someone youngish for him to compete with. That's however another 40m£ to splash, which we don't have.
Fuck off.

Believing the story despite other evidence pointing to the opposite.

What is the 'other evidence'?

Last night there was a chorus of "just pay him what we wants, he's only on 30k". That's the people who were believing every ounce of gossip on the internet.

Some of us are pragmatists, and don't believe the club should be held to random by any player - true or not. Especially one that is inconsistent compared to the other, more deserving players in the team.

It's no surprise to see this has been twisted around, though.

Eriksen has never, to my knowledge, openly suggested he has any affinity to the club (unlike Verts, Lamela etc. who do, often), so I don't really see any signs that he is here for the long haul. And that's ok, as long as we are well compensated when that happens.

I won't, but enlighten me why he's so important to our team. Bear in mind; He's danish

Enlighten yourself you fucking weird northern troll. "He's Danish" you shrill.

Let me guess - you're Danish, and you think that that gives you a pass in this debate? You come over as an ignorant, foppish twat. Fucking Danes talking about football? They all fuck off after we go 1-0 down. Stick to your own dreary lives, and stop pretending you're Louis the 14th. Fuck's sake. We left Europe - what don't you cunts get about that?

We hate you - especially Denmark. Fucking weird cunts.

Enlighten yourself you fucking weird northern troll. "He's Danish" you shrill.

Let me guess - you're Danish, and you think that that gives you a pass in this debate? You come over as an ignorant, foppish twat. Fucking Danes talking about football? They all fuck off after we go 1-0 down. Stick to your own dreary lives, and stop pretending you're Louis the 14th. Fuck's sake. We left Europe - what don't you cunts get about that?

We hate you - especially Denmark. Fucking weird cunts.
Everyone hates Denmark you sack of beauty, I'm Swedish. You left europe, but noone in this country (the actual people) has ever been a part of it. Good try though

Everyone hates Denmark you sack of beauty, I'm Swedish. You left europe, but noone in this country (the actual people) has ever been a part of it. Good try though
You sound Swedish to be honest. False pride. A lack of humour, and wobbly opinions. Maybe I'm wrong, and you are the greatest people on earth. I'm only a humble Englishman.

Eriksen is very rusty. Not played an awful lot pre season. Maybe wrong but I don't think he had a full 90mins.
Today was an intense game, and a lot of our players were not clicking.Sloppy control, first touch and wayward passes.
I said before 7 of those 11 are playing their 2nd competitive match back from their holidays, some not even having a full 1st competitive match. Another played his first full 90 today since coming back from Holiday and being injured. 8 of our first 11.
One thing that needs to be noticed is that we may have been rusty because of the Euro's/match fitness but amazingly we were not terribly bad or really troubled except for what we gave them by our own mistakes.( Edit: the free kick that lead to the fluke sloppy goal. The free kick that led to the header an save. The sloppy pass that led to Delafou shot just before HT)
We were also still fitter than the Everton team who had just 2 of their starting 11 (Barklay, McCarthy)out of their 15 at the Euro's.

Last edited:
21-24 yrs of age Eriksen 27 goals and 26 assists in all comps in 3 seasons. That's an average of 9 goals and nearly 9 assists per season. Maybe needs to score a few more goals but
Shit player...not.
same period
Hazard 37 goals and 22 assists in all comps
Cazorla 11 goals 25 assists in all comps
Silva 24 goals 29 assists

I've had this reservation with him (until he scores, duh) he always fanny out of a tackle. Every 50/50 with him is 80/20, he's so weak on the ball and in the tackle. I don't think LONG TERM, he'll be a crucial part of the team. I know he's got bounds of natural ability, but I tink he's to weak to make an impact in a close game (like today). He'll never win any 50/50 challenges, he's a wimp. He'll regress from this.
He will probably die from scoliosis in 3 years.

Back
Top Bottom