Christian Eriksen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Not cool to joke about one of our best players in the last decade dying when he was close to it.
No, no, I got told. And I said his wife would be ok.

Of course, if he had died, I assume every single human that ever joked about him and his missus, Jan or his inane ability to beat the first man would have been mortified they ever joked about it.

Turn it in.

No, no, I got told. And I said his wife would be ok.

Of course, if he had died, I assume every single human that ever joked about him and his missus, Jan or his inane ability to beat the first man would have been mortified they ever joked about it.

Turn it in.
I’m not sure you understand why your joke was inappropriate. It was inappropriate because you joked about him dying, not because his missus.

I’m not sure you understand why your joke was inappropriate. It was inappropriate because you joked about him dying, not because his missus.

I understand. I think you don't understand that although terrible, it's fickle what and when people define as something is humorous.

I remember when I was at school someone made a joke about the similarity between Senna and Freddie, with both dying with blood leaking out of their helmet. I was in my early teens and that did the rounds early on and stuck with me to this day.

People joke at funerals. People joke to alleviate stress and remove tension.

And his wife would have been alright.

I understand. I think you don't understand that although terrible, it's fickle what and when people define as something is humorous.

I remember when I was at school someone made a joke about the similarity between Senna and Freddie, with both dying with blood leaking out of their helmet. I was in my early teens and that did the rounds early on and stuck with me to this day.

People joke at funerals. People joke to alleviate stress and remove tension.

And his wife would have been alright.
All humour is about timing.

In the same interview he confirmed that he is in great condition and is working on getting back to football.

Nothing about his heart condition is preventing him from playing, and he is not afraid of another heart attack.

He hopes to be part of the national team at the World Cup in Qatar.

Honestly for arguments sake if he was fit and ready to go, would everyone here want him back or not?

I mean it wouldn't be out of the realms of possibility given his old manager is now ours.

I'd personally be conflicted, at his best he was a hell of a player for us, but I also remember in his last season or so he played like he simply couldn't be bothered anymore and just wanted out which kind of left a bad taste in my mouth about him.

Not only does he have history with us, he has history with Conte and we’re crying out for that sort of player.

If he’s actually fit and it’s actually safe health wise it seems like a no-brainer to me.

I had been thinking that over the last couple of months, but:

Assuming the EPL have no issues about players wearing pace-setters etc., then it could still be a while before he is capable of being match fit to an EPL level.

If it's only to be a short-term thing then it might not be worth the bother.

(It's alright him declaring himself fit and ready - that's what players generally do - but there's a whole world of rigorous training and fitness monitoring to convince too....?)

So yeh.... Interesting prospect (especially given the Conte connections), but still a tonne of question marks.

Last edited:
Honestly for arguments sake if he was fit and ready to go, would everyone here want him back or not?

I mean it wouldn't be out of the realms of possibility given his old manager is now ours.

I'd personally be conflicted, at his best he was a hell of a player for us, but I also remember in his last season or so he played like he simply couldn't be bothered anymore and just wanted out which kind of left a bad taste in my mouth about him.

If he was fit and wanted to be here then yes I’d take him. it’s his mentality that’s probably the key because there’s no point signing the disinterested Eriksen that left us.
As far as I’m aware there are no issues with playing with a pacemaker in the uk so I don’t think there would be any major concerns over his health as he’d be monitored constantly. I still think he can do a job albeit he may not be able to play every game, and I’d much rather see him stepping up for a free kick than Kane.

Back
Top Bottom