Chrisy Waddle says 3 at the back

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

So that's Waddle and Hoddle who both say 3 at the back is the way forward! If you play Diamond Lights backwards they actually mention it.....

_71160289_focus4019872.png

Yeah, that was Hoddle's famous Diamond Lights formation, that was the spine of the Christmas tree!!

Let's play Rodgers' diamond formation from last year at home. Has Eriksen playing his best position in behind the strikers, our strikers who can't function as the lone front man have a strike partner, our full-backs who can't defend should have the space in front of them to attack with cover that should be coming from our 2 CB's and 1 DM.

3 defender's have never worked for a team before, it probably won't change with this group that's struggling.
Do you mean for Tottenham, or for anyone, ever?

Because Juventus have played an excellent back 3 for a number of years, and been pretty successful. I could name a few more...

I've already seen one guy post their "dream formation" but 3 different ones in 2 days
You're in my dream formation :ledleylick:

Yes, three at the back. Said it before the season started, and still think we should do it now. Difference is that then I thought it could get us into top 4, now I hope it can get us into top half.

Keeper: Lloris
CBs: Fazio, Verts (libero), Dier
RM: Dembele
CM: Eriksen, Mason
LM: Rose
AM (free role, but not allowed within 45 meters of our goal): Lamela
Forwards: Chadli, Soldado

Play aggressive, offensive football. Profit.

3 at the back?

That would be the mother of all rapes. I love ex-player dinosaurs doing nothing but press work come up with ideas like that for struggling teams.

Why not wheel out someone from the 50's side suggesting we play 2-3-5, now we are at it?

3 at the back?

That would be the mother of all rapes. I love ex-player dinosaurs doing nothing but press work come up with ideas like that for struggling teams.

Why not wheel out someone from the 50's side suggesting we play 2-3-5, now we are at it?
Fielding our team is already the mother of all rapes.

Love Waddle and Hoddle and all our old stylish players but with our players the mess we are in could we really have a three at the back system, would that not take a while to get right?

Back
Top Bottom