Ciprian Marica (striker)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

yes, i know ,the rumours says the same here (Romania) even Tottenham is one of many teams who wants him, (Arse,Spurs,West Ham from England,but also Lazio,Inter,Fiorentina express their intentions for him,even Steaua from his country,Romania,offered him with 1,1 mil euro for year (2 years contract),he rejected them all,i think he waits a better offer,and a team who guarantee his presence in the first team,because he have 27 years old,and is not so young like 20 years anymore to be just the second option for the manager (i don't know Spurs guarantee such thing,having Soldado (important first player),Defoe(rotation role)...for me ,personally don't see him at Spurs now,because will be the second or the third option like striker!
He had contract at Schalke (his last team ,2,5 mill.euro on year,and his status was to be the first option to replace Huntelaar,well known dutch striker (when this player gets injury,yellow cards etc).
What to say about him ,is considered no.1 striker of our national team (in formula 1-4-2-3-1),every time when he played for Romania gave satisfaction (goals,assists,determination,key player) in the recent world cup preliminaries Brazil 2014,important match,Romania-Hungary,he score first goal (min.2) and give assist for the second goal (min 28 Pintilii) he played well 78 minutes,and was choosen the man of the match.
so ,about national team,being almost perfect player for the squad,other status he have playing for club teams (he played for Dinamo Bucharest, Shakhtar Donetsk (Ukraine) where had manager,celebre romanian, Mircea Lucescu,then VfB Stuttgart,Schalke ,now...is free player.
Technical striker type,feel the game well,speed is one of his quality,looking also to open space for other team mates,enter in combinations ,passes with them (team mentality),quality executions when he scored... his problem of him he is not constant in evolutions (linear) in games,he play one game excellent,then in the next game seems to disappear... he's not constant,in one game or two is like Van Persie,then in the next matches he's like Fernando Torres (last season,when the spanish striker almost disappear not scoring in many matches for the Chelski).
So,for the national team is indispensable player,A GOD FOR US, (Van Persie look alike),for the clubs is like Fernando Torres (with few accomplishments)
In England,i see him striker no.1 of West Ham (they wants him more,but he rejected the offer (low salary),i think he wants Arse or Tottenham...
so, don't understand me wrong,he will be good player even for Tottenham,if the spurs play 4-4-2 formula (with 2 strikers,ex.Soldado-Marica,but in this moment,Tottenham play with one striker forward 1-4-2-3-1,that mean (Soldado is the first option,and Defoe or Marica fighting for a place on the bench reserves,case which i don't like it,because Marica will be again like Stuttgart or Schalke period (eternal reserve) , i want him in a team who wants him with status of being first striker of the team because he's the first striker of our national team ,and we need that for him to play regular in a club team,not being reserve...why he reject West Ham ? (that's is my upset on him,because there have more chances to be an important player in the first 11 team)

Tom Hanks (Forrest Gump celebre quote): ""My momma always said, 'Life is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get.'"
same thing with Marica,sometime he could make a defender (he can do) like John Terry to cry like a silly girl,but sometime in other matches disappear under the table...always made his romanian fans to wonder before the game "how will be today Marica? "terminator" or a "ghost"?

1. recent his game was "terminator" (6th september,was choose "man of the match" vs. Hungary 3-0,he scored first goal ,and gave assist for the second goal)

Last edited:
So how to you think we have adapted to the loss of Gareth Bale?
Why are you asking him these questions? Dan has been awesome since he's come here. He's given us so much info on Vlad and he's been participating throughout the forum since. Its obvious that he's supporting the club now that Vlad is here but why should he be treated any differently than anyone else? He seems like an awesome guy. Maybe he'll be a Tottenham fan for life now that he's following us so closely now. Give him a chance. New fans pop up all the time.

Sorry, but I'm just tired of glory hunters and people attaching themselves to the club because of a player. We have so much debate on here and other forums about the state of modern fans and one contributor to that is short term club attachments based on player fandom.

I'm only giving @ Dan D Dan D a little bit of shit because I want to make sure he's not another fair weather short termer. I'm sure if he is the real deal he's more than capable of showing it as time moves on :)
i watched games from the 90's of Ilie Dumitrescu when he played with Jurgen Klinsmann in attack of the Tottenham, i had 17 years old at the time in 1994.(Osvaldo Ardilles manager,argentinian,because Romania eliminate Argentina in the last 8 round ,world cup 1994,and Dumitrescu scored twice in that game,Ardilles was nut about Dumitrescu).. and i know football being on stadiums in Romania and watching international football (Spain,Italy,England,Germany on TV etc) over almost 20 years,and Tottenham is my favourite team from England,because in the 90's transffer 2 players from ,probably, our best generation (Dumitrescu and Popescu team mates with no.1 romanian player of all times,HAGI) ,after Tottenham Popescu going for FC Barcelona, and Dumitrescu in Spain also,FC Sevilla at the time...and when in august,beginning of september, heard that our beloved player,ex-Steaua player ,Chiriches,signed for the Spurs,i was glad for that,maybe "tradition"with romanian players in this team will have a new way...and i don't want you appreciation,i'm here on this forum starting with 1th september (you will find me my post comments in "Vlad Chiriches" topic,because i wanted to inform Tottenham fans about him,because many don't heard many things about him,i presented him exactly how he does for Steaua,and probably he will be a good player also for Tottenham, i will stay here as long as i will be welcomed here on this forum,despite Chiriches will stay 1 year,2 years or more or not...i wish to him all the best here,on White Hart Lane...

Last edited:
Yeah, you're about as objective as @ WHITE&BLUE WHITE&BLUE is over Dempsey. :rolleyes:

By the way, we are not "the Spurs". If you are only here because your golden boy has been linked and/or we have signed Vlad, I suggest you watch a few Spurs matches and then come back a bit later after you decide whether or not you want to follow us irrespective of Romanian squad players. :adestare:
you don't read my post previously (today morning,isn't it?) i said "i don't want to sign for the Spurs,because he will be reserve here o nWhite Hart Lane...read again please my post,in the morning...that post comment with the video...i rather i would like him to sign for West Ham ,there he have big chances to be in their first 11, than here... and yes, i watch the games until now (stream net) Tottenham-Norwich,Tottenham-Tromso,and now Cardiff-Tottenham... i know what i'm saying...so,myself opinion don't want Marica here,because he will don't make many things,just to be on the bench...so, i say NO to him...he will be the third option like striker after Soldado and Defoe...if somehow he will sign it would be to replace Adebayor...

Why did you sign up on this forum, because you were interested in Tottenham Hotspur, or because there is an Romanian connection to this club?

Why weren't you following us last season?
yes because 7 millions Steaua fans (one of them is me) watching Tottenham now (Vlad Chiriches) but not just him,Tottenham is the only team in England who had 3 romanian players until now...in the 90's Gheorghe Popescu and Ilie Dumitrescu,it's a sympathy here for Tottenham club...

in this moment are just rumours of press about him ,to sign or not with Tottenham, i don't know how he will do if he will sign, this topic wasn't opened by me,and i don't want to be involved in "Marica" issue anymore, i said what i do to say,,ok,you don't like it ,that's your business,for me is more important now how Vlad Chiriches will settle in London, i wish to him all the best...i heard here,he will play in the next game vs.Aston Villa (League Cup)

So it looks like Marica is going to Rayo Vallecano, love the way media and agents use our club to drum up interest in players we actually have no interest in signing. I mean seriously would Levy pay a player £60k a week on a three year contract for them to be back up 3-4th choice striker at best? I thought this story was bullshit and it looks like Marica is signing for a club who are in the bottom half of La Liga.

Why did you sign up on this forum, because you were interested in Tottenham Hotspur, or because there is an Romanian connection to this club?

Why weren't you following us last season?
Doesn't really matter, imv - fans chose to support a club for many different reasons. Surely you're not one of those Tot'num born and raised, ST holder, official mug buying types or nothing else fans?

There is nothing wrong with 'attaching yourself to a club because of a player' - many chose to 'stay' afterwards and develop a bond with time. With respect - that's a poor generalisation towards someone who's offered nothing but solid input since signing up

I for one love 'foreign' signings as they bring great new posters to the forum with different perspectives and often great knowledge

During his time in the Bundesliga he's never lit the place up. Always been support or a benchwarmer for a better striker.

I don't believe he's a player we need. He's not an upgrade on anyone we've got in the squad atm.

Back
Top Bottom