Closest ground to where you are right now

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

IMG-4023.jpg
You’ll remember this one

Have been there twice. Our 2-1 defeat in the early 90s. And a 6-0 defeat earlier this season when I was supporting Crawley. I hope the place burns down.

:pochcry: :parker:
I've only been there once, back in the early 80s, when Spurs played an FA cup game. All I remember about it is, a small wooden programme hut inside the main gate at the end where all the Spurs fans were, being ransacked (it was unoccupied). It then 'caught' on fire. A large plume of smoke rising above the away end.

I've only been there once, back in the early 80s, when Spurs played an FA cup game. All I remember about it is, a small wooden programme hut inside the main gate at the end where all the Spurs fans were, being ransacked (it was unoccupied). It then 'caught' on fire. A large plume of smoke rising above the away end.
Another thing (digressing here) On the way back from the match in our hired minibus, we stopped somewhere in West London for a bite to eat. It was my first time in a McDonald's.

Mark B
He , i.e. his father only stopped playing 4 years ago !
Mark Bellingham, or Bello as he was affectionately known as at Leamington, was an absolutely prolific scorer of goals, at non league level. He was a goal machine by the time he played for Leamington. Broke all kinds of scoring records.

Leamington were on a journey back through the pyramid when Bellingham arrived. He played his part in getting them back to Conference North level, during his time. His goals got Leamington into the Northern Premier league, having spent a couple of seasons at the step below.

It was an exciting time at Leamington; having played in the local Midland leagues and then the southern sections of the step below the Northern Premier. I followed them home and away from 2008, when I packed up our season tickets at the Lane, in the lower Paxton, after Levy had sacked Jol and Spurs won the League Cup under Ramos. I considered selling my cup final ticket and that was how I knew I'd had enough.

Mark Bellingham made a huge difference to Leamington while he played for the club. It makes me smile now thinking of his young kids on the pitch with him, at the end of the season, waving at the Leamington supporters.

Who knew?

He was and is a non league legend. Got offered the chance to play league football relentlessly but pursued a career as a detective I believe. In the Met and then the West Midlands forces.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom