Colchester United v Tottenham Hotspur (24-09-19) (7.45pm)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If we do make top 4, it will be because 2 out of chelsea, Woolwich & United under perform like last season.

Chelsea aren’t playing badly under Frank and will improve further when injured players come back

ManU?
Forget them this season
In a worse state than we are

Poch knows we cannot keep competing for all competitions every year. We don't have the depth and if certain players get injured we have a big problem. He needs to rotate and maybe abandon the less important trophy. His eyes are on the big one after last year final. We have the know how as a team to go all the way(like Liverpool had against us) and the coach knows that its a big opportunity.
I don’t disagree but I mean it’s fucking Colchester.

I meant before this window

Either way it was 1 year (2 windows) without investment.

Summer 19 - Broke trf record and got all key targets.
Summer 18/Jan 19 - Bugger all.
Summer 17/Jan 18 - Broke trf record + others, + big new contracts for all the big boys. Lucas in January.

As I've noted above somewhere (purely for perspective); Liverpool have bought 1 x 16 y/old in the last 2 windows. That same year when we bought no-one, City bought just one player....

Keep it real, fam...

Either way it was 1 year (2 windows) without investment.

Summer 19 - Broke trf record and got all key targets.
Summer 18/Jan 19 - Bugger all.
Summer 17/Jan 18 - Broke trf record + others, + big new contracts for all the big boys. Lucas in January.

As I've noted above somewhere (purely for perspective); Liverpool have bought 1 x 16 y/old in the last 2 windows. That same year when we bought no-one, City bought just one player....

Keep it real, fam...
Lol anyway, pointless pedantry, my point was simply that Levy also had to take some of the blame considering he is in charge. 12 months or 60 months :)

I still want the stability of a long time manager but Pochettino has made some big mistakes from the outside looking in, which I have stated time and time again.

The pr!cks that go on about some posters being smug forget the loyalty we have purely for THFC.

The reason Pochettinp has and will continue to have some grace (I think) is because he declined offers from United and Madrid. He deservrs longer but it's only the sh!t of Chelsea and United that are buying him that at present.

If he gets to January I expect him to be backed, to cull and to sign. If not then it will be a sad day but then I think we will give another manager of substance and loyalty a chance.

That is likely to mean no Mourinho, no Allegri and no Ancelotti, because for each of them it is short term glory at their age.

Pochettino can maybe still turn it round although this is now heart over head talking.

2 of the BIGGEST GAMES of his managerial Spurs career coming up. Infinitely bigger than a Champions League final, which if we had won would render all this academic.

I don't think any of the posters who wanted more last season have displayed the arrogance that the club did in not buying last season, which has undoubtedly led to a situation only a few of us were willing to say was coming.

And again tonight the worst of it is that nearly to a man we knew we would lose once we got to 75 mins.
Have you seen proof that he was offered those 2 jobs?

If we’d bought Messi and Ronaldo last year does anyone think they would have played tonight?
Poch put out a team that should have won easily, they didn’t and I’ve no idea why, I suspect Poch doesn’t either!
Backlash on Saturday, I expect a comfy 3-points

Lol anyway, pointless pedantry, my point was simply that Levy also had to take some of the blame considering he is in charge. 12 months or 60 months :)

It's only pointless pedantry if an over-statement of this kind is made in good faith.....

No doubt you are a paragon of virtue, but there are some in our midst that love a dirty stat or two to jack up their agenda.

My worry listening to Poch talking about rebuilding in the next two windows, is that Levy will be happy with Poch providing we make the top 4 every season, and that will be the extent of our ambition.

Poch will become like Wenger but without the trophies
If you build right you get a chance at the league every few years going about it the 'Wenger Way'. With this squad we got 2 real chances at both the league AND the CL FFS. How much more do you want?

Expecting that or beyond is fucking entitled and makes you sound more like those you 'hate' rather than a reasonable supporter that understands our financial limitations.

This was my first away match since Ajax due to various family stuff that have kept me rather tied up until now. I guess it’s games like this that make nights like Amsterdam so utterly amazing.

The traffic beforehand resulted in me being in the car for 5.5 hours overall. And for a shit fucking insult of a performance in a shocking plastic stadium in a crap hole of a nothing location. Thanks Spurs.

This match deserves to be filed with most of the 90s - when I first became a STH - i.e. in the ‘as bad as it gets’ section. Weirdly, I still just enjoyed being at the game and seeing some of the youngsters. But this performance was an absolute pile of shite, verging on the unforgivable.

Several things bother me. Firstly, what kind of bullshit mentality has a club like ours de-prioritising trophies under some kind of arrogant pretext that we’re focusing more on more major trophies? As if serial winners like Man Utd, Victims, Chavs ever turn their noses up on league cups or indeed any cups. Winning breeds winning. Look at City’s approach and mentality tonight. So different.

Secondly, our model and approach looks totally spent now. The intense focus on data is only getting us so far. The culture, togetherness and overall mentality of the team and this squad is simply not good enough, and it’s not creating winners.

We need a big change and we have to realise that we are missing something fundamental in our mentality that keeps us from getting close to the next level.

We need a major injection of fresh ideas, positivity and drive from somewhere. I hope Poch has it in him but this season just looks like we’re completely shell shocked from last year still.

No point commenting on the players really, except to say that I think Parrott should have been tested with the opportunity of a full 90 minutes, and that Dier showed some class coming to us at the end despite the miserable night.

Back
Top Bottom