Colchester United v Tottenham Hotspur (24-09-19) (7.45pm)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

So we sack the manager, the CEO & the Board - I mean just imagine that we could for a minute. That would solve our problems - did I read that right?

ENIC and Levy are not going anywhere whilst we remain in profit, that's a fact, even if the fans want them gone it will not happen.

The stadium is a guaranteed money maker, from top to bottom, irrespective of league position imo, that's why they built it, no other reason, they would have moved us to that other hole in the earth if it meant they were going to make profit as well.

That being said, I would like owners with ambitions to win trophies but recognise that the only way that's going to happen now is if we are sold to someone who will buy us trophies, that doesn't sit comfortably with some of our fanbase but I actually want to see us win the league before I die of old age so you can put me in the camp of not giving a shit about that.

ENIC and Levy are great with business but have no ambitions to see us win big trophies if it means we are taking financial risks for them imo.

If he wants everyone to be on the same fucking page, why does he keep talking about leaving? Cunt.

giphy.gif

"We really need to rally around each other.... Also i will not rule out any rumors about my immediate or distant future. Maybe Madrid some year yes... This is football..."

Why eriksen still gets a shirt is beyond me. The guy told us to fuck off, leaving on a free and we're keeping him fit for someone else. Fucking dump the cunt in the cheese room and let him get fat

Mid 70's? Lol that's a fantasy, sorry mate but no way.

If we recover our form straight away and start performing like we have been we'll finish on 65-70.
Go look at some old tables. We are a few points worse off the seasons we finished 76-86 in points.

Clearly if we maintain current form, no, but 8 points after 6 matches has no material impact on top 4. You don’t think we can wrangle 2 points a match from this squad? That’s 72 right there...one better than last year!

People sure like to bury the club for dead when it’s just got the flu.

Given the rest of the top half performances I’d put a substantial amount of money on us still finishing top 4 if not third.

Could easily see us on 30-35 points come Christmas and then wouldn’t you know it our schedule becomes friendlier the second half of the year and we still finish in the mid-70s on points.

If Poch is managing us I don’t know, but the talent is there. Some shit in Colchester on a Tuesday isn’t really going to mean much.

I wish I had even an ounce of your optimism, genuinely do envy your ability to look on the bright side because from where I am sitting it looks pretty fucking dire.

I don't even think we will finish top 6 at this rate.

Don't lose your faith to the team, its too early in the season. We will make a good run in all the rest competitions. Poch knows what he is doing, we will find our form when it matters. ;)

Yet some still blame Levy.
Well I think there's plenty of blame AND credit to go around... neither is completely at fault or responsible for our recent success and failure.

I think Poch has lost belief in himself and the squad but Levy is equally responsible for the lack of investment in the squad over the past 24 months.

Sad it had to end like this

I wish I had even an ounce of your optimism, genuinely do envy your ability to look on the bright side because from where I am sitting it looks pretty fucking dire.

I don't even think we will finish top 6 at this rate.
It’s math at this point. That and talent. Football is weird shit happens. Everything is going against us right now but I refuse to believe that everyone just forgot how to play football.

32 matches left to play.

Go look at some old tables. We are a few points worse off the seasons we finished 76-86 in points.

Clearly if we maintain current form, no, but 8 points after 6 matches has no material impact on top 4. You don’t think we can wrangle 2 points a match from this squad? That’s 72 right there...one better than last year!

People sure like to bury the club for dead when it’s just got the flu.
Sure if all other signs were good but we have been absolutely shocking for closing in on a year and there's no sign of thing turning around - quite the opposite.

Add to the fact that we have past years' reserve RBs starting, half the starting XI and the manager wants to fuck off and Kane with his messed up ankle has literally no cover... not looking good.

Back
Top Bottom